Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saguaro Lake
I am being invited to go down and fish this lake. I am wondering what fish are in there and what to expect so that I can plan accordingly. Thanks in advance!!![cool]
[signature]
Kevin, I bet you are glad that there is a little more activity on the Utah board so that you receive a reply to your questions. TD could have answered your question (perhaps you contacted him).
[signature]
TD actually saw this post and responded to me. It is amazing that there is no activity on this board compared to others.[Image: dumb.gif] Oh well!!!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]As I explained to you, I was the moderator on the Arizona board for a couple of years. Arizona is just not the same in terms of numbers of computer literate anglers...who enjoy participating in forums. Can't tell you how many times I handed out stickers and asked fellow anglers if they belonged to any fishing forums...and the answers ranged from "Nope...don't use a computer" to "Me and a few other guys have a bass club forum". And that's the way it was. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Did have a few folks wander in and out but no core group to keep things going.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We gots it a lot better...or worser.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We gots it a lot better...or worser.[/#0000ff][/quote]

Yeah I understand the worser part of it.[:p]
[signature]
"Arizona is just not the same in terms of numbers of computer literate anglers"

[Wink]

Doing some reading up on this lake. Will be staying with my mother in law until my wife and I find a house and this could be my go to spot at least until my wife and I find a house we like. If any of the few Arizona anglers that can work a computer have been out to this lake recently I'd love to hear about it.

How is the fishing at this time of year? Any chance they do boat rentals?
[signature]
Hey man I haven't been to saguaro lately so I can't help you much but as one of the only az anglers on here I feel obligated to make my presence known. I don't think you can rent any boats at saguaro. Guys have been catching quite a few fish out there lately though. I don't have a boat so I spend my nights fishing Tempe town lake. Yes it's in the middle of the city which is quite annoying but it has a lot of bass and they're usually pretty easy to catch at night.
[signature]
Good to hear you are still around, haven't heard from you in a while. Did you finish your helicopter training?
[signature]
Hi Kevin, I used to fish there quite a bit, But I moved to the far north valley and it's a little to far to drive for me now. Not sure when you're planning on going, but I just checked the AZGFD.gov Fishing Report for you and they claim some nice Large Mouths being caught. I've also caught some nice Cats, Crappie, Bluegill there.

I would try to avoid that lake on the weekends, lots of go fast boats and jetskis. To me it's one of the most Beautiful Lakes in the area tho. Good Luck and enjoy your visit.
[signature]
Hey welcome to BFT! Since my brother has now moved to Nebraska I won't be coming down too soon. Thanks for the info though.[cool]
[signature]