Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13-pound rainbow in S. Utah
[url "http://www.sltrib.com/Blogs/fishing"]check out this pig caught on a river in S. Utah[/url] - I think I know which one - what is that growth on its lower jaw?
[signature]
It's not a growth per se, it's called a kipe.
[signature]
Only river I would think holds those big boys is the Sevier, could be wrong though.
[signature]
Fremont has some big trout
[signature]
man that guy holding that fish is sure good looking......
[signature]
The article said that the name of the guy that caught that fish
is Chris.
I see that your user name is Christopher30.
What a coincidence!

Nice fish!!!
[signature]
Haha, nice fish. Congratulations.
[signature]
[quote christopher30]man that guy holding that fish is sure good looking......[/quote]

Chris, no offense, but when you send the newspaper pictures of fish like that, you are advertising the water. I know exactly where you caught that fish simply by looking at the picture. Knowing that water and knowing the number of fish in it, I would suggest being a little more discreet in who you send pictures of fish too. That fish didn't grow that large by coincidence. If you keep advertising fishing spots like this, the chance of catching fish that big will go away....

....that fish reminds me of a rainbow I let slip through my arms...only the jaw on your fish makes it look a little uglier.
[signature]
Awesome fish now let it begin
[signature]
I don't know how you think that particular picture is going to bring loads of new people to that fishing spot. It may bring a few people that know the area and have fished it back, but if they know where it is in the first place what's the problem?
The picture doesn't show much, and I think you'll be hard pressed to find many people that know precisely where it is. Just because you have been there doesn't mean everyone else has.
Beautiful fish Chris, thank you for sharing.
[signature]
+1, Great Response, well stated.
[signature]
[img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/User/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-8.png[/img][img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/User/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-9.png[/img][Image: jpeg]

Nice fish. Winter is the only time to fish this section with all the mud in the summer.

So is it still swimming or taking space on the wall?
[signature]
Good times down there for sure. Thats a hell of a fish Chris...
[signature]
Just because you know the "exact" location, doesn't mean you can catch 'em. Good Job Chris but you're not that good looking! Smile
TRH
[signature]
[quote gaetzchamp]Just because you know the "exact" location, doesn't mean you can catch 'em. Good Job Chris but you're not that good looking! Smile
TRH[/quote]
Ask Chris if I can catch them...
[signature]
you sure can pal....
[signature]
I have now received forwarded emails of 6 pictures of this fish 4 times now...in all of these forwarded emails the name of the place is listed each time.

Chris, you really need to be more wary of who you send pictures of your fish too. I have now had 3 of my students who have run out to this fishing spot to catch fish...one student showed me pics of his dad's 7 pound brown.

If you continue to pimp pictures of big fish, understand that you can definitely have an impact on the fishery and your future chances of harvesting big fish! I am glad that Prettyman had the sense not to publish some of your other pics...
[signature]
W&B,
I think you're point was made the first time. The more you respond and keep this among the most recently viewed post on BFT the more people will view it. And posting someone caught a 7 lb brown there doesn't help your cause. Next time just pm your concerns rather than make the situation worse. I only get down that way a few times a year but neither of you are helping the limited fishing in streams in southern Utah a whole lot. I just post pics of fish under a pound because that's all that's down there [Wink], right.
[signature]
I gotta chime in on this issue. What the he-- is this forum for if it isn't to share fishing reports, ideas, success and failure stories. Give it a rest!!
[signature]
You know what is great about fishing? It's the fact that you can go to any lake river or stream and you have just as good a chance as the next guy to catch a good fish. You also have the same chance at catching nothing. It all boils down to skill, preparation and luck. Nobody's going to go and catch them all. There's a hell of a lot more fish in the waters we fish in than we can even realize. People that are worried that someone is going to catch all the fish and that there will be none left are ridiculous.
[signature]