Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gorge report
I left friday after work and hit up the gorge it sure was a beautiful night no wind and a full moon, fishing was pretty good for the burbot I ended up with half a garbage bag full once I found them.and by the end of my trip the bag was 3/4 full along with a fat 22" bow tube jigs and chub meat was the ticket. My two biggest 33" and 35" Sadly. Came from the utah side that lake is infested with these fish killers.
[signature]
you must have been fishing out of a boat to get them on the utah side? great to see you took some slime home with ya!
[signature]
we fished some skiny ice out at sheep creek area on sun night. fishing was good for the ave 24 inch bow a few small lakers but no ling 4 us. after ripn it up on the river below the dam all day we were just to lazy to move around and find the ling .
[signature]
Was it from a boat or through the ice? Heading up there in a couples of days and would be nice to catch a few Burbot. Thanks for any help .. Utah side -- WOW !! They are moving down the lake ... !!!!!
[signature]
I can tell you stay north of buckboard and the ling fishing will be great the ice around the pipeline is going fast and anvil and lucerne are all open! the boat ramp at anvil is still caped but wont be in a day or 2. be safe the ice this yr is just crazy up here! Time to brake out the boat![fishin]
[signature]
No boat this trip ash I caught the couple burbot on the little bit of ice at the end of lucern. I only caught two in there the majority of my fish came from buckboard. My friend want to go up this weekend so I might try going even further north he has a four wheeler but im not sure if I would drive it around at buckboard there was alot of open water just north of the cove at buckboard along with some pressure ridges that were opning up. Good luck up there boys.
[signature]
sheep creek ice on sun night was 6 inches or so around the ramp area. . . we fished out to the north east a ten min walk or so it was skiny ice fished on 2 maybe 3 inches with open water in sight .
[signature]