Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transducer Mount & marine battery question
Hello everyone,

I have just purchased an 8ft fishcat pontoon and a 9ft sportsmans pontoon. 8' used, 9' new. Each has a small minn kota 30lb thrust trolling motor. One toon I am mounting a Lowrance X-4 Pro Fishfinder.
I saw on the net pictures of a transducer mounted to the trolling motor with a hose clamp. Have any of you had negative experiences mounting this way? interference? performance? I think this is is the way I will mount mine unless any of you suggest otherwise.
[inline s7_012684_imageset_01.jpg]

also new marine battery does not get to fully charged status on my automatic sears battery charger, any ideas why? walmart tested battery and they said it was in spec..its a lead acid 120amp/hour battery marine deep cycle. maybe after a couple of cycles of charging/discharging it will act normal?

anyways thanks for input, My wife and I have had a blast trolling with the toons

match
[signature]
As far as your question about "maybe after a couple of cycles of charging/discharging it will act normal? "

Alan said yes.

We had problems with the sears battery charger as well. Same reason. Ended up going with the dual Minn Kota charger. Does two batteries at the same time...very nice.
[signature]
so charging 2 batteries at once in parrallel circuit is not safe???? just thought I would ask since i believe i've seen batteries used under load this way...

the sonar tranducer with bungie/pvc pipe like tube dude is my current tranducer setup...i noticed the fish were in water 5 degrees warmer...i hope the sonar helps provide more clues such as this for my future trips...

matchT
[signature]