Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YEE HAAA ! GOING FISHING !
WELL I'M HEADING OVER TO THE WEST SIDE TO GET IN ON SOME A THAT FISHING STORMY26 HAS BEEN GITTING IN ON .

IT WILL BE MY FIRST TIME AT TIPPY , SO LOOK FOR THE GUY THATS GONNA BE YELLING OUT " FISH ON " AND "WHO'S YOUR DADDY NOW ?" WHEN HE GETS A HOOK-UP .

FIGURE I'LL HEAD OUT TOMOROW EVENING OR FRIDAY -VERY EARLY- SO I CAN GET A GOOD CHANCE ON LANDING ONE OF THOES BEASTS .

FIRST I GOTTA FIND OUT THE DIRECTIONS , THEN A CAMPSITE , THEN I'M GONNA BE FISHING MY BFT ROD INTO THE LONEHUNTER RECORD BOOK ! YEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAA !

I'LL BE BACK FOR SATURDAY , IT'S FIREWOOD CUTTING TIME HERE IN THE NORTH . DAD HAS A BUDDY THAT WANTS A FEW ACRES CLEARED ON HIS FARM , IT'S A PRETTY GOOD DEAL , HE GETS HIS FIELDS , I GET SOME EXERSIZE , LOL !

I WAS GOING TO START ON THE WOOD TODAY , BUT ON THE WAY THERE I RAN INTO ONE OF MY COWORKERS WHO HAS THE BEVER DAM REMOVAL CONTRACT FOR THE COUNTY . HE CLEARS THE CULVERTS UNDER THE ROADS WHERE THE BEAVERS LOVE TO STOP THE STREAMS FLOW . BELIVE ME , THIS ISN'T AN EASY SIDE JOB EITHER , PRETTY DARN DANGEROUS . I GAVE HIM A HELPING HAND AT IT .

THE DAM WAS ABOUT 14 FEET TALL AND ABOUT 45 FEET LONG , ALL THAT WATER ON ONE SIDE AND YOUR DIGGING FROM THE OTHER WITH A PIC-AX AND YOUR HANDS . YOU START AT THE SIDES AND WATCH THE PILE FOR A SLIGHT MOVEMENT , IT ONLY TAKES ONE MOVEMENT TO GIVE YOU NOTICE THAT IT'S PUNCHING THRU , IF YOUR STILL THERE , WELL YOUR A GONNER !

I SAW THAT PILE OF SAPLINGS , LOGS AND BRANCHES DISAPEAR FROM UNDER MY FEET AS I WAS SCRAMBLING OVER THE SIDE OF THE CULVERT. WHAT A RUSH THAT WAS ! WE SAT THERE AND WATCHED THE WATER GO DOWN FOR A WHILE AND THEN WENT OVER TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD . YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN ALL THOES BROOKIES AND BROWNS THAT WERE SLAPPING AT EVERY BUG THAT WAS BEING WASHED THRU , JUST A FEEDING FRENSEY ! NEXT TIME , I'M TAKING THE ROD WITH ME , SOME WADERS TOO !

ALL WORK AND NO PLAY , NOT ! GET OUT AND HAVE SOME FUN ! I'LL TRY TO GET A POST IN OR TWO TOMOROW , BUT IF I DON'T IT'S BECAUSE I'LL BE IN EXCITEMENT HEAVEN , THERE'S A FISH OUT THERE WITH MY NAME ON IT AND I'M GONNA CATCH IT !

I HOPE THE BASS AND GILLS HAVE MOVED ON FROM THERE , THAT WOULD BE SOOOOO EMBARISING ![blush]
[signature]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=593;]
[signature]
what you didntn throw that minnow back? well it looks like the donuts and coffee are on me. lol... nice lookin canner. or is he stakes by now? I saw a fish in the market the other day that looked similar to that one, the only difference was the $100 price tag on the fish. If memory serves me it was about $7+ per pound.

not unless I can talk a big o'l pike to swim in close enough to shore for me to hoook em, lol
[signature]
Is that all you got? I use fish that size as bait for the smaller fish that I catch. LOL.

Looks great! Wish I could join ya for some awesome catches like that!
[signature]
yep , it adds another spices and a couple inches , but it's no master anglers award thats for sure . it dosen't compare with that polish trout at all , so i still think i'll be buying that donut and coffee !

the wife is gonna let me go again sunday , today i gotta chop wood !

ya oughta set something up with stormy and get in on that action before the crouds start comming , go during the week if posible !

here's what was working ,

browntrout- spawn sacks, but none were the 15" keeper length [Sad]

steelhead - worms , bottom bouncing , and the steelies were monsters , darn near three feet in length ! had to be in the thirty pound range ! we kept hooking them and they kept us busy putting on new rigs , they beat us thou !

salmon , anything at night , but at daybreak you gotta use the fly rod with a topwater fly , small and dark , during the day a yarn ball bottom bouncing ( single black egg or small stonefly ) or a foam fly on a extra long leader-4 feet long .

i'm so skinny i had to tie a boat anchor around my waste to keep from being draged in , lol ![sly][sly][sly]

oh yea , yhat little lady i cought , 13lbs. and on 6lb, test . what a blast ![cool]
[signature]
steaks ! i'm heading back over tomorow , theres one out there i gotta get even with , he kinda was a bully , jumped up and darn near sent me swimming . bad enough you gotta put up with pushey fishermen along the banks sometimes , but take that guff from a fish , i don't think so .

where did we go wrong ? we give these fish the best schools and they turn out like this ! they never used to act like this untill they started hanging out with thoes bottom feeders . lol !
[signature]
yea , compaired to thoes pike you guys have there it's a little small , i could catch a pike like the ones you guys catch , but animal crulety laws prevent me from using full grown live cattle as bait [Wink] !

what kind of steroids do you guys feed them fish anyway , godzilla hormones ? lol !![cool]
[signature]
Hehe. The Northern Pike are childs play. The Musky's are the true monsters around here! Minimum length in order to keep one is 40 inches, 44 inches in some waters.
[signature]
OURS IS FOURTY ALSO , FROM MAY 15- NOVEMBER 30 . POSESSION LIMIT OF ONE .
[signature]
I'm guessing that the dinosaurs can be fished for, but there is a zero possession limit on them. Other fish are labeled as no fishing allowed, period.
[signature]
IS THAT AN "OVER SO MANY INCHES YOU GOTTA PUT THEM BACK " THING ?

MAN THAT WOULD BITE THE BIG ONE IF YOU COUGHT A TROPHY YOU WANTED TO MOUNT , BUT I GUESS YOU COULD HAVE ONE MADE UP FROM A PICTURE .
[signature]
I'm talkin' about the beautiful Sturgeon. There's nothing in the rule book saying you can't fish for it. But it does state that you can't keep it.

Paddlefish angling is strictly prohibited in these here parts.
[signature]
I belive those are protected here as well, they are extreamly rare in michigan. to the point they dont even mention them in the "book" wich is Sad because if any one dose catch one they would not know what it was and want to keep it and take it home.
[signature]
oh , i dunno about that !

the fishing guide book is not all the fishing regulations and laws a state has . it is only a brief outline of some of the general fishing rules and regulations .

belive me , there are probbably thousands of big thick books in your states law library just cramed full of these fishing laws .

in michigan , people were ticketed , arrested , and had there equipment confiscated for attempting to fish in a restricted area , even thou their fishing rods were in the trunks of there vehicals .

not all laws are in the thin little paperback books the give us , just some of the basics .
[signature]
How do they know that the people were planning on fishing if they didn't have the gear out of the car? I carry mine with me everywhere I go... doesn't mean I'm gonna use it.
[signature]
THATS WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW AS WELL .

UNLIKE IN YOUR STATE WHERE YOUR D.N.R. HAS TO KNOCK BEFORE ENTERING YOUR ICE SHANTY , OUR D.N.R. CAN COME CRASHING INTO YOUR HOUSE WITHOUT A WARRENT , DAY OR NIGHT. HECK NOT EVEN THE F.B.I. HAS THAT MUCH POWER .

THEY CAN ACUSE YOU OF ANYTHING AS THEY INTERPERATE THE LAW , HAVING THE MONEY FOR A LAWYER FOR YOURSELF TO FIGHT IT IS ANOTHER THING .

GOVERNMENT GONE AMUCK !
[signature]
LOL. No wonder you have that look on your face (in reference to your animated .gif).
[signature]
I WENT AGAIN YESTERDAY AND TODAY , TOOK A BUDDY FROM WORK WITH ME , HE RECIVED A TICKET FROM THE D.N.R. FOR TRESSPASSING , HE WAS STANDING IN THE RIVER FISHING .

HERE IN MICHIGAN YOU CAN WALK THRU ANY PROPERTY THAT HAS A STREAM OR RIVER THRU IT AS LONG AS YOU STAY IN THE WATER OR UNDER THE HIGHEST WATER MARK ON THE BANK .

YA THINK THE C.O.'S WOULD KNOW THE LAWS THERE WRITTING TICKETS FOR , WOULDN'T YOU ? LOL !
[signature]
I think they need so send them guys back to school.
[signature]