Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boating costs
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/boa/2233255243.html

Saw this on CL and was shocked, does it really cost $400 to having a fishing day on a boat? Sounds kindy fishy to me.
[signature]
Sounds like he needs help with his mortgage payment. No way would I ever do that.
[signature]
LOL...250.00 for a day..... wow is all i can say...

ask 4pound how much it cost him when we went out the other day
[signature]
Sounds like what the licensed guides call an "OUTLAW".
[signature]
what makes me more mad is I have a 21' Center Console and with my luck the game wardens or rangers will think it is me ...lol
[signature]
[quote iamthesmf]Sounds like what the licensed guides call an "OUTLAW".[/quote]

Exactly!
[signature]
I don't know if it's the same guy, but a few years ago there was someone posting this type of add on CL, I replied, with text of the NDOW regs on chartering, surprisingly I got an email from a warden telling me to mind my own business... go figure...

But to the original question, Is $400 out of line for a day of fishing? I've spent much more than that in other places. would I pay $400 to fish mead? I guess I would say depending on how much stuff broke on my boat that day, and how much fuel I burn towing to the lake and how much was burned by the boat, how many $20 lures were lost, Flat tire on the trailer? , buddy steps on $150 graphite rod, I have spent close to that on occasion.
[signature]
Lol got to make a living some how [cool] that guy is charging about the same a licensed guide charges.

Where I used to live in washington it was common for country boys to charge about half of what the guides charge pretty much same expierence as a guided trip but sometimes not, most of us got rich during summer steelhead season. (see pic)

There is also a bounty on squawfish on the columbia river some of my old buddies do it for a livin and are making up to 50K a year.

I also got a bill in the mail from lvfishingdude, he just charged me for the beer LOL just kidding
[signature]
From the title of you post, I was thinking you were considering buying a boat.
The post was flagged before I got a chance to see it, so I can't comment on whether the dude is overcharging.

I know I'd pay $100 for a 50 fish day on Lake mead. $400 if you got me into a 50+ lbr, haha. I doubt anyone could make that guarantee though! Maybe, Iamthesmf or stripercraze. I've seen the pics!

Anyway, here are a couple funny anecdotes about owning a boat.

They say B.O.A.T. is an acronym for Break Out Another Thousand. I'm sure a few here at BFT can identify with that, lol. Again I don't know if this guy is overcharging, but boating can be a very expensive hobby, especially when coupled with fishing. Initial investment, plus maintenance, registration, storage, gas, etc. It all adds up.

They also say.... If it has a motor or a skirt, it's going to cost you money. This is self explanatory, lol.

I inherited a "free boat". Let me tell you, there was nothing free about it!

All jokes aside and all said and tolled, boating/fishing is a great hobby and is definitely worth it if you do it often. If you only take you boat out once a year, it might not be worth it. Just sharing some perspective for anyone who might find this thread while searching about boating costs.

A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work..... so Fish On!
[signature]
the problem with what he is doing, is he is not a licensed guide....

regardless of fishing or just taking people out for the day, if you charge someone, u need to be licensed. it costs over 2,000.00 bucks through NDOW to become a fishing guide. Than you have to pay the business license fees, insurance requirements, ect...

its a bunch of BS in my opinion but rules are rules....
[signature]
50 to 100 fish days are coming (May & June)

Striper Cove @ Temple bar was great last year.
Also Crawdad Cove and Kingman Wash a good spots.

Thats all you are getting until we clean 33 hole.
[signature]