Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lake mead 2/25 finally
[cool]Went to fish Hemmenway after work. Wife coudln't make it so I was solo. Was tossing both the slider and bomber for 1.5 hours till I got a hit ...swing and a miss. Half hour later hookup. The fight was great and oh crap it was big. No net so I lipped him and tossed on the bank. He was 15lbs6oz. and 32 inches long. Damn I was stoked. Gave the wife the news and started to fish again after my shaking calmed down. Another half hour and BANG...another solid hit and hookup. This guy was pissed and peeled off line. The fight lasted ten minutes on 17lb test. He looked like a submarine coming in. Got my grippers on him and heaved him on the shore. He was 7 inches longer than my first. He ended up weighing 22lbs even! This was my personal best by 5oz. Both fish on the slider. Called Beth 20 minutes later with the news and that I was headed home.She says no and to fish til dark. No more bites or action til dark. I have never caught more than one DD in an outing; another first. When I cleaned them there were no trout in their bellies. One of my best days fishing.
[signature]
WOW!

Talk about motivation!
[signature]
grats on your personal best bigE.. nice fish
[signature]
thats some serious striper action right there, nice Smile
[signature]
Great Job!!

Looks like the wind on friday put them in a feeding frenzy.

Stripercraze
[signature]
Good job........now you have to post the lure pic.
[signature]
Wow you just keep nailing them! You continue to prove that you don't need a 12" piece of wood that costs $50.00 to catch a big striper.

Congrats!!!
[signature]
Yeah man... I bet that makes up for the last couple trips.
[signature]
[cool]Thanks guys. It has been awhile since my last DD. Also great to get a new PB.
[signature]
Nice report n pics[cool]
[signature]
Those are 2 amazing fish BigE. Good job out there!
[signature]
Great fish BigE. What a catch your wife is, as well. I wish my girlfriend would come out with me and actually fish ......AND encourage me to stay longer even if she wasn't with me. [Smile] haha.
She's a catch too though, even if she won't fish with me. [Sad]

After seeing your reports, I was thinking about heading down to boulder/hemenway this morning after work to toss some rubber shad. But then I remembered my license just expired as did everyones'. If I was feeling lucky I might have tried to get a license at walmart at 5am, but like I said, I wasn't feeling lucky. haha.

Thanks for the pics, BigE!
[signature]
[quote SEALFISH]Wow you just keep nailing them! You continue to prove that you don't need a 12" piece of wood that costs $50.00 to catch a big striper.

Congrats!!![/quote]

Haha a piece of wood they also got rubber ones for $20[cool] But in all seriousness some people get way to worked up about lure n color choice. Pretty soon youll start seeing big wooden gizzard shad versions.
[signature]
You can renew your license online and print it at your home. it is exactly the same thing walmart uses..... i haven't bought a license from a store in 3 years....
[signature]
Great Picture! congratulations. I have been wanting to stick it out at Hemmingway but may not be in the right area.......what's the secret there? We are shore fisherman, used to do well at boxcar, crawdad, boulder harbor, but have found the action has been dying out. 33 hole has brought me alot of smaller fish or cats. Going out tonight or tomorrow morning and........we are due for a good day if you know what I mean! any help or guidance would be appreciated. Would love to show some "success" pics! Smile
[signature]
About two years ago Boxcar and Crawdad where the hot spots. What changed?...........The water levels dropped and the Gizzard shad population exploded.

Try fishing the cut (between the red and green markers) in the vegas wash or at Sand Island.
[signature]
I know you go out often, is the old Boulder Harbor launch ramp open again yet?
[signature]
[cool]Last I heard was that it was being dug out to an elevation of 1069ft.msl. to accept boats again. It will open around memorial day.
[signature]
NICE FISH!! DAMN!! That is impressive man - I have to ask, where does everyone catch stripers like these without a boat? I want in! My striper career is incredibly unmarked, I've only caught a couple that weren't very impressive, just some skippers that gulped down lures half their size hahah
[signature]
37 lbs of fish in 2 fish that there is a good day in anyones book. nice job
[signature]