Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NV Striper Club Newsletter
Great newsletter! Congrats to another successful year!
[signature]
Here's a copy
[signature]
Yes it was[Smile]

Attention All Anglers!!

The Nevada Striper Clubs new season Starts in March.

$30 Membership fees for family For 2011 season

Monthly meetings and tournaments.

$30 to enter Tournament
$ 6 to enter big fish contest for the month.

Out of all the tournament entries $5 goes toward the permit fees and the rest is put into a top ten angler pot for the end of the year. The rest is payed out at tournament. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and sometimes 4th place depending on how many people fish.

out of the big fish fee $5 out of entries is payed at tournament for big fish. One dollar from each entry is put into a pot for big fish of the year.

Trophies and prizes are given out at each tournament for the juniors. There is not fee for the juniors to enter tournament.

The season runs from March to January. then in Feb is the top ten angler tournament and the club banquet.

Our next meeting is March 10th at bass pro shops upstairs in the fine gun room. Starts at 7:00 pm.

First tournament of the new season starts March 11th at 5:00pm and ends March 13th at 12:00pm. The weigh in starts at 12:00pm at Las Vegas bay picnic area.

Remember March is also the new season for wildlife.

Get your new License and check all your safety gear in your boat.

This was a general overview of the club. Any questions can be answered by sending me a PM or visit the clubs web page and click on the info button to send a e-mail.

Stripercraze
[signature]
Good job on the newsletter guys. Don't worry about what some people think of your website, unless they want to code it for you [Wink]
[signature]
Yea I've always enjoyed getting the monthly newsletters too [cool] but I just realized "stripercraze" is the guy who took angler of the year and won the feb fish off. Guess his screen name speaks for itself [cool]

So stripercraze what contributed to putting all those fish in the boat? Not asking for your secret spot or lure just a helpful tip or two on catching stripers. If you dont wish to share anything thats fine. Thanks
[signature]
Hello 4poundonly,

When i first moved here from the midwest I could not catch anything. Then I hired a quide who told me about the NSC. I joined. The people were very helpful. Right away I started to catch fish. During the many tournaments I have fished I watched and fished. Then things just started to click. As you know the seasons change on the lake and so do the techniques. I will try to post more information as the tide changes.

But right now Pretty Much 3 options. First, this is the last[frown] month for the trout plants on Mead. Either be out there or off shore at dumping locations. Troll and cast lures like AC plugs,Bombers,LA sliders or storms(large size-white). Friday night and Saturday can be good also.

Second go and catch bait in the wash. Or try dead bait from sand island to wash. That is where most activity has been. Third is jigging spoons in above areas.

Note the fish are in love with the gizzard shad. Lakers bait shop has a pretty good lure that has caught some fish. The fish look like they are getting ready to spawn early. Eggs have changed and the males are full of juice!

Hope this helps any thing specific just ask i will answer the best I can. Go out as much as you can and you will be rewarded. I have no secret spot. Just out fishing the same places as everyone else. I just keep trying different things until i find out what they want for the day. Like troll fast or slow shallow or deep. Bait or lures. Let the fish tell you what they want. Come check out a NSC meeting they are free.Also alot of good people and information.

Stripercraze
[signature]
Don't forget the key..................he does not sleep! EVER!

Crazy Striper Guy starts out on Friday and fishes until he has to quit on Sunday. (rules and stuff).

You don't need a boat to bag stripers, just knowledge.
My first two years of fishing Mead was only two stripers.

Then I started talking to people, I have been on this site since 2006. Take note of my post count, not to many until we started getting fish. Thats 5 years and only three seasons that have fish counts. I am still a rookie on lake Mead but there are BTF people that have what you need.

If you don't join or go to the NSC meetings go to a weigh-in and ask questions. Hey, I will be there so will Stripercraze and about 30 other guys that have been doing this way before us.
[signature]
When is your next weigh in? I'd like to show if I can make it.
[signature]
Sunday 3-13-11 at Las Vegas Bay picnic area next to the fish cleaning station on the right as you head towards the lake (North).

The weigh-in is from 12pm to 1pm. We always have food and drinks at our picnic/weigh-ins.

NDOW will be there doing a gut check on the fish.
We invite them 3 times a year to do this. They measure, weigh and cut the fish open to detemin what they ate and if they are male or female.

Everyone is welcome at they weigh-ins.
[signature]
Maybe you can figure out how to post this better.
[signature]
Here is a link to the same map.
[url "http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=36.119105,-114.867425&spn=0.012376,0.01929&t=h&z=16"]
[url "http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=NV-582+N&daddr=Unknown+road&geocode=FTLsJQIdroMl-Q%3BFfwgJwIdkkgn-Q&hl=en&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=17&sll=36.118472,-114.868584&sspn=0.006188,0.009645&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=17"]MAP[/url][/url]
[signature]
Hey thanks stripercraze [cool] your a cool cat. Good luck on your tourney's this year and dont be afraid to post up some of your reports or pics.

If you ever see a bank tangler decked out in camouflage around 33hole motor on over and say hello.
[signature]