Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bear and Portneuf Rivers
The weather was lousy for so long, it sure made me appreciate today. It was blindingly beautiful out. Sunshine and NO wind!
[inline "Fishing 719 Standard e-mail view.jpg"]

The road was still a bit snowy and slick though.
[inline "Fishing 720 Standard e-mail view.jpg"]

[url "../../../cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=70223"]
[/url]
I went and did a little exploring of spots and holes on the Portneuf and Bear Rivers. All of the bugs must have been waiting for the weather to get nice before they hatched also, because there were a million midges coming off the water this afternoon.

It was just a perfect day to be out on the water.
[inline "Fishing 722 Standard e-mail view.jpg"]
[url "../../../cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=70224"][/url]

The fish were feeding on the surface all over the place. Lucky for me they weren't too picky. I just had to get my fly to the right area when the fish would come up for another mouthful. Oddly enough a Renegade seemed to work the best for me today. Probably because I couldn't see the other smaller midges I had been using!! [crazy][blush]

These guys sure were healthy and fat!

[inline "Fishing 735 Standard e-mail view.jpg"]
[url "../../../cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=70225"][/url]

[inline "Fishing 737 Standard e-mail view.jpg"]

[url "../../../cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=70226"][/url][inline "Fishing 741 Standard e-mail view.jpg"]

[url "../../../cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=70227"][/url][inline "Fishing 743 Standard e-mail view.jpg"]

[url "../../../cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=70228"][/url]

All I have left to say about today is that it was completely awesome, and I can't keep the Smile off my face!
[cool][cool][cool][cool][cool][cool][cool][cool][cool][cool][cool][cool][cool][cool][cool][cool][cool][cool][cool][cool][cool][cool]
[signature]
Great post.. and what a beautiful day to be on the water.. and those fish.. healthy and hungry.. no wonder you cant keep that Smile off of your face.. :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Thanks for the wake up post. I wait for weekends because that is when my best friend can go (hubby), but the weekends are not playing fair.

Plus it is time for me to renew my Utah License. Still saving for the Idahos LOL
[signature]
The weather (wind) has really been the biggest problem in getting a chance to go. I am hoping that things will lighten up more as spring advances. Here I am saying that as an 80% chance of snow comes in in 2 hours![:/]

It would be nice if a few roads thawed out too so that adventures to other areas can be accomplished easier. Although I really can't complain. I could have gone other times too, just not as easily, or I may have had to drive further around. Now I am going to have to try out some other places too. I really want to get up to the South Fork and over to the Big Lost.

I was bummed about winter fishing, until yesterday. It was a great turnaround. I was thinking that either there were no fish eating, or there was no way I was going to figure this out enough to catch any. Yesterday spoiled me now, and I will be expecting that kind of fishing all the time.[laugh]
[signature]
get your tags and meet me at the narrows
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]How SWEET it is! Thanks for the great photos.
[/size][/#008000][/font]
[/center]
[signature]