Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bullets???
I know this is a preference question, but looking for some feed back on what people believe in for bullet types and makes. I am looking for a good bullet for my 30-06 for both elk and deer hunting. I used a 165 grain last year and dropped my elk like a ton of bricks. But I am not extremely experienced in the whole knowledge of 165 180 grains??? and also, ballistic tips compared to others????
[signature]
well you must have gotten a deasent shot.

here in michigan they sugest you use 220 grains. I prefer to use the silver tips cause they hold the best patern of all the factory amo.

for further information on this issue take this question over to [url "http://www.theoutdoorlodge.com"]www.theoutdoorlodge.com[/url] on their (our hunting forum) that right our, it is owned by the same folks that own this site. membership is free and you can double your cbances of winning the weekly tackle spree. they have one there as well as here, and all you have to do is be a registered member. (its free there as well as membership is free here)

there may be some other insite from the pro's over there. shoot on over and ask them what they are throwing at them long horned deer (elks).
[signature]
[Wink]tell you what i use is ballistic tips as they have great shot placement downrange and stay together well as i would go to 180 or above for larger game no sense in wasteing ammo on follow up shots.
[signature]