Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
change the opening day date for gun season ?
i say leave it alone....if you love to hunt you will find the time...its tradition, please leave it alone...

http://www.mlive.com/opinion/grand-rapid...ge_th.html
[signature]
Quotes from the article;

(1) Many hunters are attached to Nov. 15 out of a strong sense of tradition. The date has been in place for most of the past 86 years, except for a few years during the 1960s when the state experimented with weekend starts.

(2) Still, just because that’s the way things have been done for years doesn't mean that’s the best way to do things. Michigan, of all places, should have absorbed that lesson by now.

Now by my reasoning if it didn't work in the 60's than I think something was learned, I guess MUCC must have forgot about that .

Just goes top show that MUCC has been in bed too long with the DNR , DNRE to represent sportsmen of our state as they imply. It's time to remove all the Government financial sponsorship from them and remove them from any boards, positions, and committees regarding decision making on our behalf .

Thanks Armada, time for me to start sending E-mails out to put a stop to this, Nov.15th. RULES !!!!!
[signature]