Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late Mantua report
Sorry for the late post. A friend and I fished Mantua saturday morning from 9-12. Lots of snow some slush on the ice and quite a few open auger holes under the fresh snow. Had a hard time finding fish but finally settled in at 10'. Caught fish the whole time we were there but it was never red hot. We caught perch, bluegill, and trout. The perch were the biggest I have caught there this winter with some over 10". All fish came on small dark colored ice flies and spikes. Still lots of good ice just be careful where you step. At times it was hard to see anything on the flasher because of the huge schools of tiny perch swimming through. All fish caught had a belly full of baby perch, less than 3/4" long.
[signature]
Those are some jumbo perch for mantua! Nice catch thanks for the report
[signature]
Nice post, and even nicer fish. I haven't seen perch like that out of there before. I was wondering how Mantua was doing. I have passed by there a few time over the last few weeks and haven't seen too many folks out there.
[signature]
Thanks for sharing I have been wondering how the ice and the fishing have been. Nice catch too!
[signature]