Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
boat carpet and upholstery??
I am going to replace the carpet and upholstery on my bass boat. Any one have any good recommendations on places to have do the work?
[signature]
No but I know a good lookin fat guy that will help you rip out the old carpet......
To add to.this question, does anyone know a good product to restore the clear coat on a bass boat?
[signature]
Kirkams in american fork is the best i know of i have had a lot of work done there and he is always on top of it i hope this helps
[signature]
Ozite:

http://www.ozite.com/sprod.cfm?item=sp2

Check indoor/outdoor at Lowes or Home Depot, that is where we bought ours. Allot cheaper I would think than Kirkhams
[signature]
My buddy and I have done several boats and we've bought from cabelas and had great results. If you order online you can get all sorts of colors, qualities and widths. Then we got marine carpet glue from home depot I think and key hole trowel. Just FYI, do not get the glue on any visible surface of the carpet, it WONT come off! know that one from experience unfortunately.
[signature]
Carpet barn on Redwood Rd. has the carpet and glue. They had a fire, so I don't know if they have rebuilt yet. Do the actual recarpet your self, you will pay through the nose for the labor, materials are cheap. For upholstering work, Kirkhams is the place.
I had never done anything like this before, and ended up doing the carpet in my old boat. It was a lot easier than I had expected. I actually bought a roll of indoor-outdoor carpet that is sun and oil resistant from Costco. I think they usually start carrying it right about this time of year. It was a perfect fit for my boat, but would be a bit short if the floor in the boat was much bigger. I didn't have to do a lot of cutting at all. I just bought a can of the glue at Boater's Outlet (they also have carpet) on about 7200 S.

It's really easy. Just pull the seats out of your boat and anything else you can remove before working with the carpet. It's usually only a few screws to remove the seats. You will need the seats out anyway if you are recovering them.

I also looked at recovering the seats but the wood on mine were rotting so I found a good deal online for brand new back-to-back seats.
[signature]