Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Run Two Transducers ?
[#000050]So my question is this, I currently run my sonar/GPS from my console with a skimmer type transducer. My unit is dual frequency 50/200.[/#000050]
[#000050][/#000050]
[#000050]I now want to run an additional sonar at the rear of the boat with a second transducer. So, how do I keep them from interferring with each other. Do I need to run one primary unit at 50 and the other at 200?[/#000050]
[signature]
I have two lowrance sonar one in the front and one in the back i put a transducer on each side of my outdrive and both sonars work perfect thay are both duel transducer 50 and 200 and i have ran both my sonars on duel and single with no problems
[signature]
I've had the same problem ice fishing near another sonar. I never knew what the "noise filter" setting on my humminbird actually did. I cranked it up all the way and it eliminated any interference I was experiencing.
[signature]
I have two on my boat and I can't run them at the same time- disappointing, but true. My transducers are on either side on my outdrive, still doesnt work good. I can't watch both screens at the same time so I just turn the one off I'm not using. Maybe someone has a solution.
[signature]
It won't work for what we're doing MACMAN. Power is up too high for the deep water, and 50 Khz frequency is useless. You just have to run one at a time. Even with a transducer on the stern, and one on the trolling motor, its too much going on unless you turn the supressor/noise reduction way up and/or turn the sensitivity way down. Both eliminate "the truth" under your boat!
[signature]
Yeah, that's what I figured Jim. I've just gotten used to shutting my console unit down when I get into the bow- bummer is my garmin on the console doesn't remember my settings so I have to "retune" every time. I need to get rid of that pos.
[signature]
I run two sonar on my boat with no problems. To do this right they must be on different frequencies. The most common frequencies used by humminbird and lowrance are 50khz, 200khz, 83khz and 455khz. If one of your units is a single frequency unit it is going to be 200khz. On your second unit just make sure it is a dual frequency unit and then run it on the different frequency. Keep in mind that the lower the frequency the wider the cone angle. If I am jigging for macs I prefer to have my front unit on 200 or 455 khz. it is possible that if two boats are fishing close by in deeper water they can possibly interfere with one another. Hope this helps. I love spring fever and gettin the boat ready!
[signature]
Buy lowrances, Ethernet em together, make all the screens look at one ducer at a time. Problem solved[Wink].
[signature]