Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 3/5/2011
Fished the narrows just west of the buoys this morning. It was my first time inside the buoys since I read this: http://utahwildlife.net/forum/viewtopic....ne#p335401

I fished from 7:30 to noon in 55 ft of water.

When I first got there I drilled my holes put my transducer down one and couldn't believe what I saw. Nothing but fish from 25 ft down to the bottom! At first I thought it was just interference but when it stuck around and produced a few bites I knew it was really a cloud of fish. They were the lightest biting fish ever! After an hour they dispersed. Managed to hook a few but not many. They were all small crappie and perch. They would come back every now and then to tease me with more bites that I couldn't make contact with. After a while they stopped reappearing so I fished the bottom and managed to pick up a couple decent sized fish. One 9" Crappie, an 11" Crappie and an 11" Perch. Not too shabby I guess.

The Ice is still a good 12" in the narrows. With probably 10" of snow on top. The slush is a non factor in the narrows, It seems to stay colder up there. Get it while it lasts though.
[signature]
Good report. Headed out there tomorrow. How far past the bouys were you? Closer to North or south shore? Like to get a few of those perch and crappie. Normal bait? Waxies?
[signature]
Sorry for the late reply this is the first I've checked this thread since my original post. Hope you had a good fishing day out there on Sunday.

If anyone else wants to know, I was about 100 ft west of the buoys, closer to the north shore, I was using a ratfinkee/swedish pimple tandem tipped with waxworms until i caught my first dink perch then I used perchmeat.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. That's been my experience in the narrows. Sometimes switching lures has helped me to find what they are liking and sometimes I switch to a really small lure just to confirm if they are as small as I think they are! [Wink]

We went to Browning and fishing was consistent, but not hot. 45ish, but no "keepers." It was just a matter of moving around until we found 'em.
[signature]