Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost Worthy
[center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/15069/cat/745"][Image: DSCN1547.JPG][/url]

[left]hit the ice again today, we are playing day by day now as to weather we will be fishing tomarow. Any day can be our last day.
today was like most every other day this winter, the action is slow, but the sun felt nice, dispite the wormth sun our holes were freezing over.

I managed a half dozen small gills, and a fairly respectible crappie and a couple small pike.

I had with me today a long time fishing bud, he has been having a hard time amounting enough fish for dinner for one let alone dinner for two.

today I broke down and spent much of my fishing time bestowing some much unwanted fishing experience on him. I was beginning to feal bad cuz he kept going home fishless for most of the season this year.

he arived an hour or so after I did, once he arived, I Made him go catch bait for his tipup. I had him set his tipup with one of my pre-selected pike holes.

he no sooner stood up and turned around and I yelled at him to go back to his tipup. yep the flag was up. I went over there and watched him and showed him some of my tips.

after a short time we pulled in the line only for me to find out he had his line wound up backwards, his bail on his tipup was non functional and his flag was bent out of wack.

I showed him where all his mistakes were and set his tipup the way it should be and showed him how to use his tipup even with a nonfunctional bail.

With in a half hour his flag was up again, This time he was left alone to do as I had instructed him, and sure nuff here he come with a 25 inch pike, His first of the year. all excited he was ready to go catch some more bait, I just happend to hook in to a nice peice of bait and handed it to him to put on his tipup.

He went and reset his tipup, and bouy was he a happy camper. he Sad down at our gill area where he after a half hour of jigging managed to pull one in. then he ties in to a pike on his gill rod. and sure nuff, snap, goes the line. And before he was able to start tying on his next jig his flag went up again...

as he headed over I reminded him to remember what I told him. I could not fallow cuz I just hooked in to a small pike on my two pound test line. as he was doing exactly what he was susposed to do, I battled mine, pulling it up out of the hole tail first... lol

I no sooner released the little 18 inch hammer handle and looked over at my bud to see him coming back with a bigger and fatter pike than the first. After hitting it with a tape he qualified in at 28 inches..

I said to him, your all done, you hit your limmit for the day.

happy as a lark he says to me, I feal almost worthy of fishing next to you... lets do this again tomarow. :O)
[signature]
Sounds like a great day and also your friend has a tale of his own to tell now. I think you also got him hooked! It is always nice to go out with someone who is knowledgeable about the fishing in the lake or area. [cool]
[signature]
sounds like you and he had fun....
[signature]
ya, he is hooked big time now..

he came back out today and went home fishless, but not with out landing a couple more pike and a 20inch large mouth on a tipup.
[signature]
yep, we are just soaking up the last day or two of fishable ice. Any day now could be ice off.. we are playing it day by day.. with lots of causion, I saw one guy go though the ice yesterday, and today, I got sun burn on my nose.. lol
[signature]