Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More on Gorilla Glue
[font "Century Gothic"][#008000]Received this note from the Gorilla Glue Co. today:[/#008000][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Thank you for contacting The Gorilla Glue Company. Although we do not sell Gorilla Glue products directly to the public, they are widely available at most US hardware stores like Ace, True Value, Do It Best and at fine retailers such as Home Depot, Lowes, Sears, Menards, Walmart and many more. [/#800000][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000] [/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]For a complete listing of retailers in the US and Canada, please visit our website at [/#800000][/font][url "http://www.gorillatough.com/"][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]www.gorillatough.com[/#800000][/font][/url][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000] and click on the “Where to Buy” link.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Gorilla Glue Dries White 2 X Faster is the current name for this product. It used to be referred to as “Quick Cure”. Only the name changed (not sure why), not the product.[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000] [/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]We certainly value your business and hope that you will continue to use our family of Gorilla Glue products for all your gluing needs. If you have additional questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us. You may e-mail us at this address or contact us on our toll free number at 1-800-966-3458 (USA and Canada only) or 513-271-3300. We are open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EDT.[/#800000][/font]
[signature]
thanks for the update mi amigo... Ill have to look for it the next time I am in one of those fine retail establishments.. :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Our Wally World has it, but not the white. Guess it's off to the ACE. I love that store!
[signature]
ACE... the helpful hardware place... but the one close to me closed down this past summer... too much competition from lowes and hd....

MacFly
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][Image: happy.gif]Forget the glue gun approach for the glue sets up too quickly. With that said I went back and listened to the YouTube presentation on using Gorilla Glue. OMG I am a dummy for I didn't follow the fellows directions. IE - If you mix a drop of water with a drop of glue on a piece of wax paper so it won't stick, then it sets up just like it shows on the video. BTW I'm using Dries White 2X Faster in a Precision Glue Pen which is handy to use.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
I knew you would figure it out mi amigo.. :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][Image: dumb.gif]Here is my first attempt using a combination of glue & water. Discovered too that by using less water it takes longer to set up. I guess that I will stay with a 50/50 ratio. Sets up fairly quickly but still workable for the first minute or two. Yea I know that the grizzly hackle doen't look right but I have a lot on hand. Next time I will use something more appropriate.[/#008000][/font]
[inline GGA1a.jpg]
[signature]
Looks like it worked great. How well does it float?
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000]Interesting that you should ask for I just placed one of my new trestrial bugs in water and it floated hook point up. The material looked evenly balanced so I'll try soom others later to see if they react the same way.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
the hook up thing is odd but curious at the same time.. maybe an air buble ??

on the curious side has anyone ever tested a store bought fly like this to see if it floats hook down.. ?? .. I know I havent.. always assumed it floats hook down.. ??

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000]Okay, it all has to do with the size of the glue ball and how much it is off the center of gravity. The second one I tested floated hook point down with the eye higher than the shank itself. Now do the fish care ? Terrestrials come in all shapes and forms. Might have to test them out in one of our regional parks before it gets too warm.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
... makes sense to me.. especially the part of being off center of the hook shank .. more on one side causes that side to float up.. if that happens to be on the hook side the hook floats up..

.. as for the fishies caring.. Id say as long as it looks good they will go for it.. hook up or not.. :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Hook up is good -- weedless! Probably still the same silhouette for the fish.

I was just wondering if it is as buoyant as they say.

Thanks for posting your experiments!
[signature]
I am with you C. I see it floating upside down as a plus.
Nice Job DryRod.
[signature]
sis .. are you saying hook em when its up.. hook em when its down ...?? [laugh][laugh]

MacFly

thibk Don Henley and his song "Dirty Laundry" ... [cool]
[signature]
Either..I am not one that thinks they see the hook and say, I am not biting that. I don't think fish are that smart and they don't think like we do, but the weedless aspect of a fly hook up is nice. Long grassy banks.
[signature]
Gorilla glue is a terribly wonderful thing.

When they say keep it away from pets and kids - MIND THE WARNING - the fact that it expands when curing, especially in contact with water - can be deadly!!!!
I lost a dearly beloved friend and companion on Xmas day this past year after he got into some gorilla glue. It didn't take much consumption of the "maple flavored" syrup to expand into a small-pumpkin sized ball in his belly.

After surgery to remove the ball, then various infection attacks, a week later - we lost him. What a way to start off Christmas morning!

It is a glue that does wonderful things, but it can do terrible things too. Wish they'd add some 'bittering agent' like they've started to do with antifreeze.
I know some of you are dog-lovers too, so just be careful out there. No shelf is high enough is what I learned!
spinner... sorry to hear about the loss of your companion... but thank you for the reminder/warning to read and heed the labels of the products that we use...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][Image: sad.gif]Sorry about the loss of your best friend. Losing a pet to natural causes hurts like hell, but to lose one through a preventable accident only compounds the the miserable feeling.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
SWEET!!!!!! That is cool. What size hook to put this in perspective please.
[signature]