Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are You Ready For Some Football ! ?
season opener to night any one know who is playing? I know the opener is here in detroit, but cant remember who is playing.

and who do ya favor?
[signature]
I just caught the teams.

the red skins v the jets

the pre show is kicking off with some punk rock with several major stars. one of which is one of my favorites Arosmith
[signature]
well its monday night again, and the bucks & egles are going at it.

any one have a prefference?
RAIDERS!!!
[signature]
Hey Everyone, Check out the New Free Weekly Football Pool for all the Big Fish Users:

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/football.htm"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/football.htm[/url]

Should be a lot of fun!!
[signature]
RAIDERS LOSE

[url "http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=oak"]Oakland[/url] 3 7 0 10 20 [Image: false.gif]

[url "http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=ten"]Tennessee[/url] 6 6 3 10 25

sm
[signature]
OK SM, for someone who has no football team to cheer for, you sure do hate on the raiders a lot, what gives?
[signature]
they never cover the spread!

hahahahhaha

sm
[signature]
did any one see that lions game last weekend, I cant beleive the lions woopedum.

for this week I am picking the lions again just because I think they cant do it again,

green bay is usualy one tough team, and if the lions some how by some freek of nature win this one they are going to make me think just posibly they have a chance of ending up not in last place this year[sly] (I dont want to get my hopes set to high)[laugh]

any one have any thought about the lions this year.
[signature]
Pools, looking really good. Just a reminder that tonight it will be locked, so if you haven't got your picks in yet, do it now.

[pirate] Go Raiders
[signature]
I tuned in to the lions gane today, and it wasnt even a minute before green bay started woopen the lions like a red headed step child.

I managed to watch it in to the third inning, that was till I was so imbarrased I had to turn the channel. them lions looked like my highschool class of 78 freshmans team up against the green bay packers.

I just could not watch the onslot and tuned over to the browns game that ended and ran in to the new england game.

from what I saw sofar I got one out of three games.

any one know the winners of the games this week?

I was wondering how I am doing on the pool.
[signature]
well I found me a score page,

* [font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 1]Washington Redskins[/size][/#0000ff][/font][size 1] 33, [/size][font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 1]Atlanta Falcons[/size][/#0000ff][/font][size 1] 31[/size]
[b][size 1] [/size][font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 1]Green Bay Packers[/size][/#0000ff][/font][size 1] 31, [/size][font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 1]Detroit Lions[/size][/#0000ff][/font][size 1] 6 [/size][/b]
[b][size 1] [/size][font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 1]Indianapolis Colts[/size][/#0000ff][/font][size 1] 33, [/size][font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 1]Tennessee Titans[/size][/#0000ff][/font][size 1] 7[/size][/b]
[size 1] [/size][font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 1]Kansas City Chiefs[/size][/#0000ff][/font][size 1] 41, [/size][font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 1]Pittsburgh Steelers[/size][/#0000ff][/font][size 1][font "Arial"][#0000ff] [/#0000ff][/font]20[/size][size 1]
[font "Arial"][#0000ff]St. Louis Rams[/#0000ff][/font][font "Arial"][#0000ff] [/#0000ff][/font]27, [font "Arial"][#0000ff]San Francisco 49ers[/#0000ff][/font] 24
[font "Arial"][#0000ff]* New Orleans Saints[/#0000ff][/font] 31, [font "Arial"][#0000ff]Houston Texans[/#0000ff][/font][font "Arial"][#606420] [/#606420][/font]10
[font "Arial"][#0000ff]* Miami Dolphins[/#0000ff][/font]21, [font "Arial"][#0000ff]New York Jets[/#0000ff][/font] 10
[font "Arial"][#0000ff]* Buffalo Bills[/#0000ff][/font] 38, [font "Arial"][#0000ff]Jacksonville Jaguars[/#0000ff][/font]17 [/size]
[font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 1] Baltimore Ravens[/size][/#0000ff][/font][size 1][font "Arial"][#0000ff] [/#0000ff][/font]33, [/size][font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 1]Cleveland Browns[/size][/#0000ff][/font][size 1] 13 [/size]
[font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 1]* Seattle Seahawks[/size][/#0000ff][/font][size 1]38, [/size][font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 1]Arizona Cardinals[/size][/#0000ff][/font][size 1][font "Arial"][#0000ff] [/#0000ff][/font]0 [/size]
[size 1][font "Arial"][#0000ff] Carolina Panthers[/#0000ff][/font][font "Arial"][#0000ff] [/#0000ff][/font]12, [font "Arial"][#0000ff]Tampa Bay Buccaneers[/#0000ff][/font] 9 [/size]
[size 1][font "Arial"][#0000ff] Denver Broncos[/#0000ff][/font] 37, [font "Arial"][#0000ff]San Diego Chargers[/#0000ff][/font] 13 [/size]
[font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 1]* New England Patriots[/size][/#0000ff][/font][size 1] 31, [/size][font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 1]Philadelphia Eagles[/size][/#0000ff][/font][size 1] 10[/size]
[size 1][font "Arial"][#0000ff] Oakland Raiders[/#0000ff][/font] 23, [font "Arial"][#0000ff]Cincinnati Bengals[/#0000ff][/font]20 [/size]
[size 1][font "Arial"][#0000ff]* Minnesota Vikings[/#0000ff][/font] 24 [font "Arial"][#0000ff]Chicago Bears[/#0000ff][/font] 13
[font "Arial"][#0000ff]Dallas Cowboys[/#0000ff][/font] over [/size][font "Arial"][#0000ff][size 1]New York Giants[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[size 1] mondays game[/size] [center][size 1]25 [/size][/center][size 1]so far I got 7 of 16 right, not too good, if I get tomarows right that will give me 50%[/size][size 3] [left]
[/left][/size]
[signature]
I do not like the Raiders or fans. I do not like Packers fans either. The two worst times I had watching football were during Raiders and Packers games.

Several fights broke out and one guy was hospitalized when several hispanic males ( Raider Fans ) jumped a guy wearing a Bronco' jersey!

Just because he was cheering his team. They told him to shut up and when he refused he was attacked.

3 of the 5 men were arrested and charged with Battery and 1 of the 5 was charged with attempted murder because he continued to beat the man with a chair after his friends were restrained by game watchers.

This happened 2 years ago at some local bar in Long Beach, CA.

Since then there has been several other incidents in my area involving Raider fans including a shooting.

I am usually not one to judge a group by the actions of a few but in the case of Raider Fans I would advise caution if cheering the opposing team in LA and Riverside Counties.
[signature]
Well, Like I always say, If you cant handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.[pirate][Tongue]
[signature]
they are not the only ones who get wrialed, that is going one every were, from little legue games to varcity graduate schools. cars up turned and set a fire,[pirate]

most cases have had booze not to far off, I have yet to see a sober brawl.[crazy]

I have never seen a lions fan stand up in defence ot the lions, what a joke, well I am a michigan resident and the lions are the home team, no one roots for them, even though they would like to. But its football' if you stuck the tigers in the lions uniforms we would still go watch them, its the only game in town, lloll

a little frendly ribbing is a hoot, I dont care for any one who is going to get physical over a ball game. that makes about as much sence as a durnken brawl over a chess game. I have yet to see some one get a fat lip over tiger woods making or missing a put. (other than the guy tiger woods beened with the ball[laugh].

the out come of the game wont make any difference weather I watch it or not on any given sunday[Wink].

so when I see some one starting to get out of hand, I just remind them it is only a game. it just anint worth seing some one get hurt or seeing property damage. those are the kind of things that can cause you to loose being able to hold events you your area.
[signature]
oh why bother . . . .

sm
[signature]
[size 2]Barry Sanders!! He's short, but quick[Wink][/size]
[signature]
you'd think that would be an advantage for the team. but we have to get the quarterbacks to stop throwing the ball to the other team.[crazy]
[signature]
[size 2]Interesting story I found about Raiders kicker:[/size]

[size 3]Raiders' Janikowski Spends Night in Jail[/size]

WALNUT CREEK, California (Reuters) - [font "arial"]Oakland Raiders ([url "http://us.rd.yahoo.com/DailyNews/manual/*http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news?p=%22Oakland%20Raiders%22&c=&n=20&yn=c&c=news&cs=nw"][#0000ff]news[/#0000ff][/url]) kicker Sebastian Janikowski spent the night in jail Saturday after being arrested following a fight in a restaurant, the Contra Costa Times reported Monday. [/font]

[font "arial"]

Janikowski was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor assault, misdemeanor vandalism and public drunkenness, said Walnut Creek Lt. Loren Cattolico. The player was released on bail Sunday.

The Raiders kicker has had several problems with the law in the past, including being cited for drunken driving last October.

He pleaded no contest to the misdemeanor charge of drunken driving and was eventually placed on three years' probation. He was also fined $1,292 and ordered to perform community service.

Janikowski was acquitted on charges of possessing a date-rape drug in 2001. A year earlier he was also acquitted on a charge that he offered a Tallahassee, Florida police officer $300 to release his room mate after an argument with a nightclub bouncer.

The Raiders play in Denver later Monday and team officials offered no immediate comment on the latest incident involving Janikowski. [/font]
[signature]
looks like the raiders got a little of the lions contagous loosing streek.

(no offence intended)

next week I see the lions will get wooped by denver. maybe they will get a bit of the bug as well (lol)[shocked]
[signature]