Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun at the Rock
Hit Rockport today. The deer were lining the road all the way to the boat ramp. Fished for about 1 hour no action. So we packed up and went back to the first camp ground area. The first drop down fish on. It stay quite steady till we left at 1:00pm. I had doubles twice, which rod to pick-up? Got both of them in each time. A lot of strikes back and forth between rods. Iced over 50 fish together. Me and my friend took home 4 fish each for dinner tonight. great fun today!!! [Smile]

[inline RP3-9-11.jpg]
[inline RP2-3-9-11.jpg]
[signature]
Your Smile pretty much says it all. Sounds like fun! What were you catching 'em on?
[signature]
Great photo.Looks like a great day on the ice.ices still looks good to.[cool]
[signature]
Doubles, excellent! Looks fun. How was the ice conditions?
[signature]
We were catching them on a ice fly and a half of a worm. The ice conditions and edges are very good, but you can get that feeling that it won't last much longer. Not much snow up there. A little slush as the day warmed up.
[signature]
luv2hookem wrote:[/quote]
We were catching them on a ice fly and a half of a worm. The ice conditions and edges are very good, but you can get that feeling that it won't last much longer. Not much snow up there. A little slush as the day warmed up.[/quote]

I was there yesterday as well. The fishing was real good for me as well, caught 22 rainbows. the 'bows were averaging about 15 in. Also caught 2 perch. One perch was 11 in. I think you are right about the conditions, this warm weather will raise havoc with the ice. We better get back real soon.
[signature]