Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Lake near wendover????
Have a freind taking some scouts to Blue Lake soon. dont remember exactly when, end March or mid April? anyway, wondering what kind of fish are in there? all i can find says mostly LMbass and sunfish/bluegill.

anyone ever fished over there, and what general tackle would you advise taking?

I was thinking slip bobbers and small jigs/spins for more sunfish action near the banks.

any advise is very appreiciated and helpful. thanks.
I was there Feb 21st, we only fished for 2 hours but got skunked. We tried worms, plastic jigs, cheese, bread, peas, just about everything. We were mostly trying for the Tilapia we heard were in there. I could see bass swim up to my plastic jigs and look, but never touch. There was one other guy out there on a float tube that circled the lake once in an hour throwing a plastic and crank, but I didn't see him get any before we left.

I found out later the the DWR was there for a spearfishing service project event 2 days before. I guess about 35-40 people were given permission to spear unlimited Tilapia, and their legal limit of bass and bluegill. I don't know if that had anything to do with our fishing, but we still had fun. It was cool driving up to the warm springs with the sun rising in the background. I wish I would have brought some swim shorts to take a dip. Sorry- no good fishing tips for you, but good luck and hope the scouts have fun!
[signature]
Very cool picture. Thanks.[fishon]
[signature]