Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I loved watching CSI all!
The season starts out with the loss of Warrick. In previous years he seemed to languish in the background, so with the amazing storyline leading to his death ending, it was a fitting goodbye for Gary Dourdan. Two episodes later, a new CSI arrives, Riley Adams. I didn't really care for her, she is a bit unnecessary and I disliked her personality. The episodes have started to get more action-heavy and dramatic, more often now the CSIs are placed in danger, and I personally find it more fun. 'Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda' is a nice episode, mixing fun and drama well. Ray Langston's first job as a CSI is shown in 'The Grave Shift, another solid episode. The more interesting and experimental episodes are later in the season, and I think this is where the show shines.
'Kill Me If You Can' is good, obviously drawing from Frank Abagnale Jr. and is rather enjoyable. 'Turn, Turn, Turn' is my favourite episode of season 10. Guest starring Taylor Swift, she proves to be not as annoying as I would have expected, and plays her character nicely. Focusing on Nick and the relationship developed between him and the daughter of the owners of a motel, over a period of a year, it is different to other episodes, and benefits from tight writing and plotting. 'No Way Out' is a standard hostage situation, but as this isn't something CSI does often or at all, it was a good change. 'A Space Oddity' is the standard lab-rat episode of the year, and it is fun and enjoyable. 'If I Had A Hammer' was good too, as probably the least gory episode it is actually one of the more interesting, focusing on Catherine.
'Mascara' was the weakest episode for me, not very interesting and strangely directed. CSI Lasvegas 200th episode, it didn't provide a fitting tribute. Annoyingly, the director, William Friedkin, directed my favourite episode of season 8 (Cockroaches). Its a poor episode basically, bland and uninteresting.
In summary, a definite purchase. Very good fun, I loved watching it all! Changing the boxsets like this was a good idea too, they take up less space on my shelf!
CSI Lasvegas DVD 1-10
[signature]