Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Fairland, Indiana
Hi my name is Todd Buchanan and I am a taxidermist from Fairland, IN. I have 28 years of experience and do all forms of taxidermy. I am also a fisherman and who better to do fish taxidermy than an avid fisherman. I fish usually at Lake Monroe but the last couple years I have been going to Geist Reservoir more. Feel free to contact me, I love to talk taxidermy or fishing. also check out my website. We can ship and receive from all over the country and we do fiberglass replicas as well as skin mounts. I would love to earn your business.

Todd Buchanan
[#0000ff]Sorry Todd, but new members are not allowed to post links, please see the FAQ above for the rules of the site.
[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Welcome to the site Todd, here is a link to our Indiana boards: [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?category=24"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?category=24[/url]
WH2
[signature]
[center][Image: happy.gif][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000]Hi Todd and welcome to our forum. A very interesting field to say the least. BTW what materials does one use to stuff the various game fish and or animals? [/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Well to explain a little about it to you, first you need the fish or animal and then I take various measurements such as length and girth of the belly. Then with those measurements I can either order a foam mannikin or in some cases I trace around the original body and have to carve a body. Glass eyes are also needed. The eyes are set at the correct location and angles and then the eyes muscles are rebuilt. Then after that the skin is prepped and tanned and put over the mannikin. There is alot more such as shaping the eyes and ears, but that is essentially how I do it. Thanks for asking, It is nice to talk to someone who is interested in the process. In this case of the picture I am attaching, it is a fiberglass reproduction I did. On it I had to glue on the fins and head,sculpt and blend the fin butts and head to the body. I then had to completetly paint the fish.
[signature]
welcome to the site... Im sure you will enjoy your time here...

MacFly [fishin]
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][Image: happy.gif]Thanks Todd for the 101 lesson. [/#008000][/font]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000]Yea your pic looks good enough to catch again. LOL[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
just curious... and ballpark figure now.. but what would a replica of a 7 - 9 foot say 120 pound blue shark run??

MacFly
[signature]
Hi and thanks for inquiring. A 7 to 9 foot blue shark is a tough one to find. Most of the replica blue sharks i have ar about 5 feet long. As long as there is a replica to be purchased in that size it would be around $1,260 to $1,620. And depending on where you are located there would be crating and shipping added to that. If I can be of service I would be glad to do one for you or any other fish you might need done. Prices for reproductions are typically $16.00 per inch but for your fish I quoted you a price of $15.00 per inch since you found me here on the forum. I appreciate your interest in my work.

Thanks Alot,
Todd Buchanan
[signature]