Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need advice for pan fishing!!!
I'm in college and me and my friends are on spring break this coming week and we want to do some fishing. I know it isn't the best time for it, but we want to catch a bunch of pan fish and eat them while we camp all week. Any and all advice and tips are greatly appreciated. We are going to be fishing in southern Indiana, more specifically Lake Shakamak, Lake Kickapoo, and Lake Lenape. Thanks in advance!
[signature]
with all the rains they have had down there it is hard to say what you will come up with. if the water temps are just right and all the runoffs havent scummed up the lake to much you may just have a chance at some decent crappie.

if you can access cannals or one of the little fingers of Lake Shakamak, or one of the other lakes you can target crappie. There is no need to get out in to open water, they wont be there, The ice should be off the lake by then if not already.

tackle needed,
bobber,
4-6 pound test line
number 8 hook with a wax worm
or number six hook with a minnow

or you can go with a fly rod, a white fly with a wax worm should work for you.
[signature]
ok, thank you! so locations, up along shore? in the shallows? what about bluegill, will we have any luck with them?
[signature]
look for 3-5 feet of water.

it is posible you will run in to a few gills, maybe even a few perch. one can always be hopefull, but pack along provisions cuz their aint no reason to play it foolish.

Pack along the wax worms and some leaf worms as well. if your going to see gills, you will get them on one of those.

some times the fish just wont bite even if you bounce the hook off the tops of thier heads.

if you were in michigan you would be going after steal head in the rivers. It's been a long time since I have been down that way, so I forget just what the seasons are down that a way.
[signature]