Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to get some rods fixed...
Last year when my dad visited from Minnesota we went out and somehow two of my nice rods got broke... They were made in Italy from a good friend of mine. Looking to get them repaired. any help would be great.. thanks...
[signature]
its spring time, its about time you start comming back around. its funny how the winter comes and you go into hibernation haha
[signature]
It has been a while since we have heard from you Don, you must not do any ice fishing. I know TubeDude has been known to repair a rod ever now and again but you could try the guys on the Rod building board. Here is a link to that board:
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=7"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=7[/url]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I'd be glad to take a look at them and let you know whether or not they are repairable. If a break is not in the "Sweet Spot"...up in the main action part of the rod...you can usually fix it with an internal splice. I have lots of bits and pieces of rod blanks and can usually find a piece that will fit up inside and reinforce the connection.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you just need a guide or tip top I usually have a pretty good assortment of different sizes. And I have just about every color of wrapping thread ever made. Easy to match. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]And, I still owe ya for a trip on Utah Lake last year so I will work cheap.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Pat, As soon as I get my tilt/trim pump back, quickly I hope I will gladly take you back out looking for those walleye's. Then I will show you what got broke... I will get ahold of you asap when I get it back.... thanks....
[signature]
Being from Minnesota and doing lots of ice fishing growing up... You would think I would be out there but I tend to stay home and do all my honey-doo's during the winter months so I am freed up on the weekends to fish and hunt.... I think I fished about 3 times last year... just got too busy.. but this summer I will more than make up for my lack of fishing last year...
[signature]
Thanks for the info.... I missed out on all of last year but a couple time out. This year you will be seeing lots from me and the Disabled Vet Daniel Westerfield, who I took out many times after I met him at Strawberry for the vets day BFT guys put on. I have lots of fishing planned for him this year. I think he is 75 now... I can predict more Tiger Muskies in his future.... He likes catching those..

see you on the water...
[signature]