Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Mantua looking like?
What are the "lack of ice" conditions at Mantua. Haven't been there for a while and was wondering how much ice has come off? Thanks for any feedback!
[signature]
Drove by it today on the way to bear lake.....all ice but I wouldn't walk on it. No ice fisherfolks to be seen.
[signature]
Thanks. I was just trying to figure out if the ice has started coming off or not.
[signature]
On wed. I drove by the usual hole that has been open early, that's pretty big..... Should be off soon.
[signature]
I heard from my buddy that there were guys on it when he drove by on Wednesday. Is Hyrum unfishable? Newton was starting to break up through the middle when I looked yesterday.
[signature]
All good questions. Would love to know too.

Got that canoe handy Ben? As windy as it is up here, I'm thinking we might see ice blown right to bits.

I was trying to charge up the boat battery, but it might be kinda breezy down at Willard - though I hear the Walleye dig on that! Cutler was looking nice and open.
Might not take the boat, for the sake of bringing the son and the dog along. Make more of a river hike/venture out of it. Lots of stretches of the bear I'd like to try.

Did hit Skyler's pond wed afternoon for a few tugs. Ever been by there? Little hole by Willow park - community pond planters. Lots of kids get a chance to hookup there. And it's close...
Last Saturday I had some plans to take some friends and there families out for a few hours. I got there early to set things up. The edges just crumbled under my feet on both the west side and the southeast side. A board might have worked but since we had a bunch of kids coming, we just headed to the pond in Brigham City for some planter trout. that was last saturday so I am thinking it is just worse now.
[signature]
Don't think I've been to the BC pond. Where's it at? (PM if you want). I presume the usual planter bows. Anything more interesting? Any cats?

If I get that far I'll probably end up down at Willard so I can get properly skunked! Though I do want to try the Refuge and some of the lower-bear this year. Need to find the boat launch out there.

I have had some good trips over to the Willard community pond. It converted to a CP this year. 2 fish limit, but they're usually pretty frisky.
[quote CoyoteSpinner]... Cutler was looking nice and open. [/quote]

I went and wet my lines on Cutler twice last week. Got skunked both times.
[signature]
I was out last sunday the water was about 47 degrees, muddy and moving fast. Did end up snagging a carp on a DT rapala thought.
[signature]
No boat launch in the refuge ( below the dams there is but Its not legit to fish) we launch by hand down there to fish the river . .. there are places to launch in Corrine. . I can't wait for some cattin in my honey holes [cool]
[signature]
It is right in the middle of town on forest street. If you took Main Street to the middle of town you would hit forest street. Take that west till you get to the pond. It is stuffed to the brim with trout right after the ice comes off of it. We just hang ice flys with spikes under a bobber. Give it a month and there will not be a fish in there till they plant catfish in about June.
[signature]