Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FYI...
If you are into catfishing, go today and tomorrow. With the rains, and the time of year, everything is perfect for a stellar catfishing day. When you get good rain like this, a ton of crap washes into the lake at the tribuaries, and cats, big and small, stack up and gorge themselves in the areas where water is flowing into the lake. Overton and the Vegas Wash will be productive, and I love dirty water when fishing for cats, so don't be discouraged if it looks like chocolate milk. Them kitties can still smell just fine.

Try whole squid, dead or live shad, mackerel, or whatever your favorite cat bait is. Ill report if i get out.

Good Luck!

Go have a day like this...
[url "http://pickwick-vacation-rentals.com/images/Fish-Photos-pvrJSFP/Large-Strings-Yellow-Blue-Catfishes-05111207.jpg"] [Image: Large-String-Blue-Yellow-Catfish-05111207.jpg][/url]
[signature]
Just watch the wind...

Vegas Wash Forecast

Today: Showers likely, mainly before 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 62. Breezy, with a south southwest wind between 16 and 24 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 44. Southwest wind between 11 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 66. South wind between 8 and 13 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.

Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 44. South southwest wind between 13 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
[signature]
Im into cats big time its probaly because I never fished them until moving here & there easy to catch plus fight hard, too bad I cant make it out. Ive caught cats in the dead of winter in the cove right next to the wash where the water trickles in. Its a hike for bankies but well worth it and alot easier when the weather is cool. I love that area for other species too.

Whizzle my goal is to get a huge monster cat this year would it better to target the monsters in spring or summer nights or both?
[signature]
With cats, you can catch a monster any time of year. Winter gets tough on Mead's channels, but the big ones are always eating. Spring and fall are my favorites for size. Summer for quantity.
Use BIG BIG baits. Live gizzard shad will work.
[signature]