Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underwater color at Strawberry
We started using underwater color cameras last year and finally figured out how to record. I had a bad cable and every time I tried to record it was a blank screen. Check out the Cut at the end. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGsmAULAAtQ
[signature]
Love the perspective of under the ice, sweet video. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Sweet video!

I've seen big cutts come check out the struggles before like that. I remember last year a cutt had the jig hanging out of the corner of its mouth and a monster cutt came up and tried to bite it away as I was reeling it into the boat. ~ there's got to be a strategy in there somewhere Wink
[signature]
Awesome video, thanks for posting!
[signature]
Great video...I watched several big Cutts come up to our fish last week. I even watched one come up and play with my sonar transducer. Couldn't figure out why it kept wiggling until I looked down the hole and saw a monster Cutt bumping into it over and over. The vibrations must have attracted it for some reason.
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
Great vid! What is your camera setup?
[signature]
Awesome. That is cool in more ways than one[laugh] As far as hooked fish attracting other fish, I am no biologist, but I was told that a fish hooked/stressed give off a chemical. Like a pheromone or something, which attracts other fish. I have it happen allot.
Maybe PBH can answer this.
Again, very interesting video...where is the credits.....LOL
[signature]
I have taken a pair of Automotive Head Rest DVD players and connected two cameras to them. They are linked together so you can watch either camera or watch a DVD for the kids if things are slow. I put it all in a box for ease of transport and setup.
[signature]
Interesting, I always thought it was the vibrations of the fish struggling and other fish can feel it in there lateral line and come into to check it out, once they get a visual that's when the competition begins,I imagine most times the smaller fish lets go of it's prey and it's easy pickin's for the bigger fish.I have never heard of the struggling fish giving off a pheromone but if it's true and someone can duplicate it and put it into a smelly jelly it should draw in fish to your bait from a long ways out.
[signature]
Where are you all fishing at Strawberry? Thinking about going up on Tuesday for my 30th birthday but don't want to walk a mile in slush. Thanks.
[signature]
By looking at the weather report, Tuesday will be a great day. We've parked at the damn turn off and been fishing the Soldier Creek side. I've been going in by snowmobile and fishing on the east bank just south of the restrooms in about 23' of water. We're pretty close to the shore. Pink cutter bugs seemed to be the trick with lots of action. I've hardly seen anyone out there. Just one other fisherman on Thursday. We did get checked by the DNR. Really nice guy.
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
I guess it could be movement, but I have had fish follow Big fish that were not wiggling. I know their sense of feel is big, but so is smell.
Hopefully some one has some hard proof...that would be way cool.
[signature]
I'm not much of an ice fisherman but with a setup like that I think I could handle it.
[signature]
Could we get a how to on the cam setup? Maybe I love it!
[signature]
On most underwater cameras, there's a "video out" connection on the back of the monitor. I just wire up my video camera, and press record. No need to use the lens to film the screen, it feeds right off just like a vcr does when recording a tv show.
I've got some cool footage of tiger trout taking jigs at Huntington I need to post.
[signature]
I use an old vcr and just let it run all day, then I use use the dvd recorder and transfer the parts I want to a dvd. It takes a while but you dont have to deal with recording while fishing. just turn it on and every couple hours, change the tape.
[signature]