Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calville Cat'en 3/27
Well didn't get any fishin in at the clean up so Telbone and his son invited me along to do some bassin at calville on sunday. Launched at 7 and immediately started to probe the nearby flooded coves and the islands with standard bass lures.

The area seemed empty and nothing exciting on the sonar so we jetted over to those deep vertical walls near the narrows. Wow what a beautiful sight too bad there was nothing beautiful below us.

So what does everybody do after a failed day of bassin? Bait fish the tires and that we did. Long behold Telbone had a fresh surprise from the international market. Baited up with circle hooks and sent it 90ft down to the bottom.

Wasn't long before I had a inquiry I saw my rod tip slowly bend down towards the water then boom I jumped up and fought the fish to the boat. I honestly didn't know what I had ended up being a plump channel cat. Rebaited and tossed back down to the depths.

Not much longer fish on this time I handed my rod off to Telbones son nothing like seeing the exictment of a kids face when they catch a fish. Ended up being another channel cat. Stuck around caught one more then headed for the ramp.

Never knew cats liked it that deep all of there air bladders were coming out of there rectum. Overall great day n company practiced some bassin skills and caught some cats.

Also those green fish grips came in handy thanks for all the cool gifts Iamthesmf.
[inline "calville 3-27 pic 3.JPG"]
[signature]
Try that spot again next month when it really warms up!

Side note:[/u] After throwing out the "chum bombs" at the clean up we only got a 10" cat. Got a few bites but they would only bite off a piece of the dino. Worms only got soggy and no bites.

I'm going back to the stripers....................
[signature]
Ive caught a bunch of striper by those tires in callville before. Never have got a cat there though. Looks like a nice one. Smile
[signature]
I assume you were getting them on jigging spoons? you dont seem like a baiter [cool] do you remember what month it was?
[signature]
We used live minnows for the tire striper. We caught them all through the summer there, usually at evening or night.
[signature]