Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hog Hunting
Saw a news story the other day saying hogs were starting to be a problem in Southern Idaho. Does anyone know any places to go after them? I used to hunt them in Texas all the time and miss it.
[signature]
I've been thinking the same thing... I wouldnt mind adding one of those critters on the list....
[signature]
The ones in the news recently are located somewhere near the Bruneau river and it kind of seemed like they were somewhere near CJ strike, but they weren't very specific about it.
[signature]
hey larkinforce i sent you a pm
[signature]
I also would be interested in any info on this game. I keep seeing things on National Geographic, discovery and the like that say there are in almost all states and spreading like crazy but this is the first I've hear of them being in Idaho so far. I'm curious what kind of regs would apply to them as well.
[signature]
No bag limit. No tag required. Season never closes. Basically same as Feral Pigeons and Eurasian Doves.
[signature]
This is the first I am hearing of hogs in Idaho. I would love to get on some as well. I use to hog hunt in Ohio as a boy. just the idea of it gets my heart going.
[signature]
They would be fun to hunt for sure! I would rather not have them in Idaho though after seeing the damage they do to farms and ranches where they do have hogs. I'd definitely make them a shoot on sight critter in my book.
[signature]
I just got off the phone with Region 3 offices of F&G. I asked about where might find these hogs. I was told that there were once some on WMA land, but that land is closed to access during the bird nesting season. I was also told that in the area where they were supposed to be at, they sent several officers down there to walk through it nearly shoulder to shoulder and that they didn't find any sign of hogs, whatsoever. The lady on the phone told me that they are at a loss to where Channel 7 got their information.
[signature]
Also found this quote from the original article and a link to the CJ strike WMA.

"Wildlife biologist Scott Stopak says the C.J. Strike Wildlife Management Area has had lot of sightings of feral hogs."

[url "http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/wildlife/wma/cj/"]http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/wildlife/wma/cj/[/url]

Kind of almost seems like a guy needs to go fishing with his rifle and bino's. If you spot a hog then turn your fishing trip into a hog hunt.
[signature]
Thanks iwantabuggy for the info. I figured if they were over running areas we would of heard more about it.
[signature]