Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utility and rod rack
Hello,

This is basically a big 'Thank you' to those of you posting your ideas and pictures on rod holders and racks for the tubes.
Major thanks to TubeDude for the help and pdfs he has provided to myself and the general community!

Attached are a few pics of the rack I put together. First couple are before final assembly and painting. Just a couple small items to take care of (like holes for the bottom bungee straps) before it gets on the tube itself.

Thanks folks!
StillinID
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Mighty purty. Brangs a tear to mah eyes.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Is the black for stealth mode?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Very nice indeed. Now comes the true test, taking it out on the water.[cool] My new tool rack is almost finished as well.
[signature]
Thanks.

Yes, black for stealth so the fish won't see me coming! Lol
That and it matches the FC4...

Hopefully will get to test it and the dog's float tube out on Friday. It is supposed to be nice so will be heading out to a local pond.

One question: what type of hook or attachment are you putting on the end of the bungee to the backpack hooks on the bottom?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You can use "S" hooks or whatever else will work for a quick attach and release. I like the little cheap carabiner clips as in the picture below.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Nice ninja rack.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I have had allot f those little carabiners break, but I keep buying them[crazy]

Maybe look into these as well:

http://www.seattlefabrics.com/leash%20clips.html

But I am a bid S clip fan, but they are pricey. Nice thing is there are so many choices of size.

http://www.amazon.com/S-Clip-Carabiner/dp/B001GPFIFK
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]As I said, there are a lot of choices. And there are different grades of the carabiners. For bungeeing the rod holders there is not a lot of strain on them so less breakage...and no biggie if they do break. The S hooks are stronger but more tendency to come unhooked...on a stretch cord.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have tried a grundle of different options. That's why I eliminated that system on my tubes and now use the modular rod and utility racks...secured to the tube. After getting smacked in the kisser with the stretch cord for the umpteenth time I said NO MAS.[/#0000ff]
[signature]