Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The ACE of SPADES
Been putting off finishing this project all winter, but while waiting to get the bits and pieces for MacFly's LL project, I honed my skills up on the BLACK "S" glass (meaning a faster action).
The Guides, hook keep and tip top are black nickel. Reel seat Black with black nickel insert with etched Trout. Black thread....total black out!
The cork is a smaller grip that I have had for awhile. Works well for me.

[Image: IMG_3524.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3523.jpg]

[Image: IMG_3521.jpg]
[signature]
that is a beautiful looking rod... and love that reel seat etching... who makes that...

is that an allen trout series reel on there as well??

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
J. Stockard and that is the XL reel from Allen's. Great reel!
[signature]
Very very nice! That is a classy looking combo!

What weight is it and what are you targeting?
[signature]
It is a 6 weight. And it is for my Carp addiction as well as those Lake D, C and H trout up your way. I use 6 weight more than anything I think.
[signature]
okay... so you got the ace of spades... what about a queen of diamonds... all red.. :-)...

off otw question... I know you are an artist and in the one picture you show the Ace against some driftwood and a brown trout... did you do that??

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Just props. Not my work.
[signature]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][Image: happy.gif]I buy a lot of my stuff from JS for they are a pretty good out fit to deal with. Nice looking set up FGD.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Why, thank you..that means allot DR.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][Image: happy.gif]You certainly have talent FGD and I'm sure most of us on the fly & Utah board recognize this trait. [inline "go girl.gif"][/#008000][/font]
[signature]