Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with power tilt
Went to run my engine at home and the engine raised i lowered the handle then it wouldnt go down or up anyone ever have this problem and can it be fixed? Worst case is there some way to just lower and raise the engine manually ?
[signature]
Is your engine an outboard or stern drive? I guess I'd oughta ask what make? It could be as simple as a blown fuse, bad switch or, worst case a bad tilt motor. Gimme a call @ 801-891-6578 & I'll try & talk you through troubleshooting it.
[signature]
Mine is an outboard but i switched batteries today and it worked fine.I took a look at my battery and it had no acid in it so i am hoping thats all it was.Its time to buy new batteries i guess i have had these for over 5 years. If i have anymore problems i will give you a call thanks for the help.
[signature]
I had a 1974 Evenrude 85 hp motor and the tilt cylinder had a release valve on it for this problem. Has it leaked any fluid from the pump?
[signature]
Hey ocean, just so you know. Like geezer said, it has a fuse. If the fuse blows, the relays will still click, but it won't move up or down. If it goes one way, but not the other, it is probably a relay. It has two relays. I have them if you ever need one.
Glad you got her going.
[signature]
I wish it was the fuse but its the battery it was bone dry and didnt have enough power to move the engine .I switched batteries and its worked fine so far.Buts its good to know that there is a fuse i would have never looked for that thanks.
[signature]
No fluid leakage and mine is a 78 115 hp. Never had a problem with the engine always reliable and cranks right up i have been lucky with boat engines so far.
[signature]