Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFO Outlaw Escape
I'm thinking about getting the Scadden Outlaw now that he makes a motor mount for trolling motors.

I'm wondering how much room there would be behind the seat for a battery, small cooler and a dry bag given the straps that are necessary for the motor mount and the size of the boat? The Renegade looks good but it's not in my budget.

Thanks!
[signature]
send a PM to Orvis1... he rolls that exact same set up. we have the renegade and avenger, i like the extra room in the renegade... anyway back on topic. if you search for Orvis1's posts im sure you will find the pic of his escape all decked out with motor and sonar
[signature]
[quote Fishtales23]I'm thinking about getting the Scadden Outlaw now that he makes a motor mount for trolling motors.

I'm wondering how much room there would be behind the seat for a battery, small cooler and a dry bag given the straps that are necessary for the motor mount and the size of the boat? The Renegade looks good but it's not in my budget.

Thanks![/quote]

I had the Escape, key word HAD. and for reasons high lighted, I sold it and went with a Renegade. Aside from price, the Renegade only weighs a couple more pounds.

The Escape really isn't designed to carry allot of gear. I am 5'7" and there is no room behind my seat for a full sized battery let alone anything else.

Great little tube for Hiking in with just fin and oar power. Side bags are huge.

Maybe Orvis1 has different experiences with it, I can just tell you, it wasn't for me.

Didn't you have one of the first Outlaws? Reading your past post, you sold something.
[signature]
Yes, I did. I wanted to use a trolling motor so I ordered a rear deck. It just didn't work out so I sold it.
[signature]
It is tight but it can be done. I bought the mesh deck and motor mount. I used a soft cooler to mount the battery in and used cam straps to mount it to the D rings. If you are primarily going to use the boat with a motor get the bigger one. I rarely use my motor and wanted a smaller boat I could carry to the water easier. It also gives you more room in the travel bag for tackle and waders. I can fit all of my gear in the bag that comes with the tube if I don't bring all the gear for the motor. So far I have been really happy with it and if you are planning on tubing for a while well worth the money!

[Image: 029-1.jpg]
[signature]
Orvis, I hear they are even lighter now......[Tongue] I can remember what Larry said but I think 20lbs or less. You must feel like you are on the edge of your seat with that battery back there, I know I did.
[signature]
It is actually not that bad with the mesh deck it moves the battery over the outside pontoons so you sit the same just no leaning back. I hardly ever use the motor on it in fact that trip is the only one I have. I have a FC3 deluxe for backpacking trips the scadden just doesn't fold down small enough to be practical to strap to a backpack. It does work just fine on the front of my 4 wheeler. We still planning on that trip mid may?
[signature]
[quote orvis1] We still planning on that trip mid may?[/quote]

OMG YES
[signature]