Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Wrap up for the 2010-11 Contest
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making the first Ice Contest a success. It was a lot of fun to fish some new places and revisit some old friends. I ended up ice fishing 7 bodies of water and had a great time at each one.

I also wanted to wrap up the finances and prizes etc...

OvidCreek's trophy is on its way and should be to him by April 14th. Congrats Ovidcreek on a truly awesome fish. Please post a pic with your glorious prize and plave it in a place of honor.

I felt strange about getting myself a trophy so I will donate my winnings back into the pot.

12 people in contest * $10= $120
Trophy cost $45 with shipping (Shipping was as much as the trophy but I needed to get this done and did not have time to keep shopping.)

That leaves $75 in the till. I can donate it to a charity as we discussed or we can roll it over until next year? Participants please let me know what you want me to do. If you want it to go to a charity suggest a fishing related one. I was thinking I could buy a couple of rod/reels and donate them to my local scout troop to use on their campouts that might be a good idea? I just don't know let me know what your wishes are.

Windriver
[signature]
What ever you decide is great with me . Both options sound great . If I ever win this Please do the same with my winnings . I don't need a trophy collecting dust . I believe most of us were in it for the fun . I know I was and will be again next year . Thanks again for all you do and keep up the great job you are doing . Curt G.
[signature]
Maybe the trophy could be a traveling trouphy,
Maybe first prize could some of the participants first choices in lures.
Maybe the money could be earmarked for anything that supports promoting the sport for kids through F&G or scouts or any youth group.

I am very thankful for the season even though mine was lousy, but I am all for this and great job to all who participated.
[signature]
I'm good with whatever you decide. It was all about the fun of the competition and motivation to fish new places for me.
[signature]
Good stuff. I'm happy with what ever you decide as well! [Image: happy.gif]
[signature]