Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New fishing boat advice??
I've been looking into a new fishing boat, and the new Tracker boats seem to be the best deal for the money. I've never been in one other than a show room and they seem really nice. We've been looking at the targa V-18 combo model- so just wondering what is the difference between them, and some of the other fishing boats that seem that seem to be almost double the price?? Is a Lund really that much better? Any advice appreciated, thanks.
[signature]
Some of the extra price for boats like Lund is just because of the brand name but they are a better boat and the list of items that are standard on boats like Lund are impressive. As an example, Tracker brand is like a VW bug compared to Lund being a Porsh, INO. Tracker is a good boat but Lund is a lot better. One thing I can tell you about Tracker brand, there are cheaper boats you can buy that are just as good. Here is an example, a friend was looking to buy a new boat, he checked all the local dealers and was not impressed with the prices. The prices ranged from 14k to 21k for basically the same boat. We went on a fishing trip to Nebraska and stopped by the Cabellas on the way and found a boat with just what he wanted for 14k. It had a lot of extras for the price that local companies did not offer. At the time, Cabellas did not have a store in Utah and I'm not sure if all Cabellas stores sell the same brands of boats but the boat my friend bought was a Lowe. I guess what I'm saying is, look around don't settle for Tracker with out looking at all the options. Good luck.
[signature]
I would also check into the Alumacraft brand. They have a lot of features and are priced nicely.
[signature]
Thanks for the advice-
[signature]
Whatever you get, don't underpower it or you'll forever regret it. Leave room in your budget for necessities like a quality fish finder, rod holders, downriggers, an electric trolling motor, and an onboard charger for all your batts, etc.

My point is there's always more to buy after the initial investment, so just plan on it.
[signature]
Thanks- The Tracker comes with a 150 Merc- I hope that's enough motor. I don't know if the fish finder that comes with it any good so might have to upgrade some time in the future. Other than that I probly will just need the charger- not sure if that comes with but the bow mount trolling motor is on it.
[signature]