Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Went To Utah And FIshed
Well Southernman and I went fishing today.. We decided that both of us needed to get out the stressful life of Las Vegas and go fishing. Southernman had been talking about the area around Beaver Mountain area of Utah for several weeks so we decided it would be the place to go. It was about a 4 hour drive to Beaver, Utah to the local lakes. We started out at Anderson Meadow Reservoir. What a wonderful Lake and its beauty was spectacular. [center][/center] [center][font "Chiller"][size 7][Image: bm16.jpg][/size][/font][/center] [center][Image: bm33.jpg][/center]

[font "Chiller"][size 7][Image: bm24.jpg][/size][/font]

[font "Chiller"][size 7]Anderson Meadow Reservoir[/size][/font]

Southernman found the honeyhole by using Power Bait and worms. I got some bites with Power Bait but he continued to catch those planters. I found out that my bait wasn't floating real good so I used alittle more. I think he caught 4 when I finally got one. Most of the Rainbows were to small. We decided to try out another lake in the area so Southernman started to pack everyting back to the car when I got another rainbow. It was real small and it finally fell of the line when I got him out of the water.

We almost got to the lake when several Elk crossed the road. What a site they were. I wasn't able to get a good picture of them so you will have to believe us.

[Image: bm39.jpg] [center][font "Chiller"][size 7]LaBaron Reservoir[/size][/font][/center] [left][size 2]I started to fish and I got the first fish at this lake. It was a nice sized rainbow. We fished for a couple of hours but just got only 1 fish apiece. It started to rain and sleet so we decided to call it a day. It was a great day and we had a great time. [/size][/left] [center][size 2][Image: bm34.jpg][/size][/center] [center][size 6]My Fish[/size][/center] [left][Image: bm49.jpg][/left] [center][size 7]His[/size][/center] [left][size 2][/size][/left] [center][Image: bm40.jpg][/center] [center][Image: bm50.jpg][/center] [center][/center] [center]On our way home we say a big fox cross the road. Here is a photo of it. [/center] [center][Image: bm97.jpg][/center] [center][/center] [center]Thanks Southernman for taking me fishing I really had a great time. [/center] [center]All Fish were Caught and Released
[/center]
[signature]
THAT IS A NICE REPORT. i HAVEN'T FISHED BEAVER MOUNTIAN BUT I'LL HAVE TO GET DOWN THERE ONE OF THESE DAYS.
[signature]
8hrs driving, 6 hrs fishing. . . its definitely cooling off in the higher elevations . . . had a great time with steady action at A-M, not so fast at labaron but bigger fish . . .caught an 8 inch brookie too!

all in all a yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa day!

thanks to nighthawk for a nice day of fun and fishing!

sm
[signature]
Great report! Makes me want to take off for the mountians.

BaySport
[signature]
Thanks Shark_hunter I really had a great time. The weather was excellent. we had a little rain and sleet but that didn't bother me none. Ask SM, he was the one fishing from his car. Ooops! I wasn't supposed to say that Heee Heee Heee.
[signature]
Thanks BaySport

Southern and Central Utah has some great areas to fish. I have never been [size 1]disappointed[/size].
[signature]
yah when ya leave before 5am and its 85 degrees out, ya forget your flannel shirt and long pants . . . gotta be prepared and take the extra stuff . . .

sm
[signature]
Aaaaah, when I lived in Vegas, I spent many a weekend in the mountains above Beaver, Utah. Great retreat from the rat race. I also frequented Boulder Mountain. I did love camping at Anderson Meadows because of the layout of the campgrounds and the scenery of the area. I did drive to all the other lakes up there in search of fish however and found many. At times, I've caught nice ones out of Anderson Meadows, and at other times all I could catch were small fish, but the fishin' was always good. If you want to try an artificial lure the next time you go up, I found that a small Castmaster or a Super Duper retrieved very erratically (lots of yankin') worked great. Try down by the damn for the Brookies at LaBaron.
[signature]
thanks rip-n-lips ! theres a lot of moss and crud right now, lost a couple lures right off last time i went, but ill give it a try next year . . prob wont get back there until next june now . .

sm
[signature]