Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishing guide recommendations
Can anyone give me a few recommendations on a good catfishing guide in south carolina. I will be visiting family in the first weeks of September and am interested in fishing a few lakes there. I have looked online at Santee Lakes, and Lake Monticello. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
[signature]
Santee would be the way to go. that's not far from where I live at, actually. Santee is known accross the US for it's catfishing.

You can't go wrong with any of the guides out of Black's Camp. Check out the package deals section of the website. The prices aren't bad either. I pasted the link below:

[url "http://www.blackscamp.com"]www.blackscamp.com[/url]

We fish a tournament out of Blacks each year for the Pee Dee Catmasters. If you had you're own boat, and armed with a little local knowledge from the guys at blacks camp, you'd probably be fine on your own. I believe they rent boats too, FYI.

Good luck man, and let us know how you do. If you decide to do it on your own, let me know. I'll hook you up with some friendly tips and tricks for that area. Drift fishing is the preffered tactic in Santee. It's a little different animal than the standard set up.
[signature]
I checked a few of them out and was also looking at Wayne Vinning down there. I am coming from the west coast so I think a guide would be best so I don't have to bring my own rods and tackle. I appreciate the input. I will let you know who I decide to go with.
[signature]
Anytime man.
[signature]