Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
From the Honey Hole...
Couldn't see wasting the first warm day doing any work Sunday, so I hit the honey Hole to get some casting time in .
Had a couple hits but no takers the first couple hours , had a mink scurring around the bank for a bit before he took a dip and came up with a few small pumpkin seeds.
That's when all hell broke loose and Pike after pike tore my stuff up . Now it isn't pike season so none were kept just to set the record strait, I was just out to fish for fun , catch and release only was the plan no matter what I cought .

As you can see , no steel leaders , 6# mono , a splitshot and a crawler and just look at these fish ! That one has something I have never saw before , a crayfish came along for the ride.
No hammer handles cought , all were over sized northerns, kinda reminded me of my canadian fishing trip a few years back.
I have tons of other pics of fish but it would take too long to resize and post them.
Anyone else do some fishing over the weekend ? Can you show us your pics ?
[signature]
those are some nice fat ones. [cool]

Dont ya just hate when they wont leave your hook alone.[:p]

hope that is a sign of sum good fishing to come this year.
[signature]
Yea , I hope so too !!!
Has the sucker run been good so far down in your area ?
[signature]
I havent seen a one,

the price of gas is keeping me away from the water. so I am only able to get by the river about once a week.
[signature]
Man nice trip for your first one this year! I know what you mean about the price of fuel, here in Wyoming it is a 50 mile treck to go fish unless I just fish the lakes here in Cheyenne... Planning on a trip to Michigan to see family, not sure when, but am excited except looking at my wallet and thinking it will be empth when I get back! Have a good one guys...
[signature]