Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mohave Bass?
Whats up everyone! Just finished restoring my bass boat and taking it out on the maiden voyage tomorrow. Hopefully after all the work i did she doesn't end up as a submarine. Keeping my fingers crossed lol!

Was thinking about hitting Mohave but havent heard much about the LMB and SMB fishing this year. Anyone heard anything good or am i better off hitting Lake Mead?
[signature]
There is a tourney going out of cottonwood tomorrow and I think there is 20-30 boats so dont know if that bothers you much. I bet the bite will be off the hook though.[Smile]

The bite should be good at Mead too. I think I might take my wife to Callville and try and find all whizzles secret coves.[cool]
[signature]
how would u know he has secret coves if they are "SECRET"....lol
[signature]
Mohave is good for size - they commonly get fish up to about 6 lbs out there. You may spend all day looking for one bite though. Mead has good numbers of fish. Lots of fish in the 2 lb class, with 3-4lb fish common. A big smallmouth at Mead will be in the 3+lb class. In a few years, we will have some 5 lb smallies swimming in Mead.
[signature]
Anglers Choice is fishing Mohave on the 16th.
[signature]
So we survived the day on the newly restored boat. Ended up hitting mead, appreciate the heads up on the tournament at Mohave. Saw quite a few bass in the shallows in the wash and around Hemmingway but couldnt get anything to hit. Still a good day on the water though.

On a side note....turns out when i was redoing the floor on the boat i accidentally drilled a small hole through the bottom of the boat....bilge pump got a little work out and finally took a dive so i only got about 4 hrs on the water, good times!
[signature]
Holes in the the boat are never good [cool] Been there done that. I think I have nearly sank every boat I have ever owned. From holes in the bottom of my used cbin cruiser on the maden voyage to leaving the plug out at least 3 times now on 3 different boats. lololol Who leaves the plug out three different times hahahahahaha
[signature]
Mojave has been doing well. Try launching out of Cottonwood an d heading north. Bass are in all stages of spawn. If no one is on the planted structure immediatley north of cottonwood hit it. There are monsters cruising around the pallets and trees, but they are spooky long casts are needed. Try drop shotting a texs rigged 5" senko on heavy line around the structure. Head north up to Nevada bay and try the southern coves with white flash spinnerbaits and green pumpkin jigs with crawdad trailers. Have a follow bait set up, like a gizit or weightless senko for the spinner bait followers. The coves south of Aztec should be going off now, last trip down they were still cold and the bass were not locked on yet. Good luck.
[signature]
Nice report and info jake. Wise words.
[signature]