Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tibble Fork
I was thinking of taking my son up to Tibble Fork and fish the inlet and the river above Tibble. Anyone know how it fishes this time of the year? I hear there are a lot of native browns, nothing big, but wanted to get my son into some fish.

Thanks!
[signature]
A buddy and I went up to Tibble Fork on Monday. I'd never gone up to TF this early in the year.

There's still quite a bit of snow around the shore- a little slippery walking down from where we parked. We saw a TON of small native browns all over- really pretty fish. We fished bait (worms and PowerBait) and lures (Jake's, Kastmasters, etc.) for about 2 hours without even a bite (we aren't the most skilled fishermen, but we do know how to catch fish).

Another gentleman came by and fly-fished for about an hour and had 2 bites and landed 1 small brown. We talked to him and he said that the browns almost exclusively go for flies, best bet for using bait and spinners is to wait until they stock it with rainbows.

If I was to go up again, I would bring a few flies and slowly reel them in behind a bobber.

Good luck!
[signature]