Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wierdest Catch
[cool] What is your wierdest catch? One of my favorites was when I was fishing in the Provo river in Utah and caught a 4lb cutthroat trout on a chartruese green crappie jig. What is one of your favorites in the wierd category???
[signature]
My wierdest catch was the salamander I caught out of causey on a nightcrawler.

Or the time I was trolling at willard with Petty4life and I snaged a line that had a lure tied to it that was tangled with another line that had a 24" wiper on the end of it. And Petty pulled it in with his bare hands.[crazy]
[signature]
The muskie I caught on a smallie that took my senko[sly] or the bluegill I caught on a 3" popper or the carp that bit my senko. I think the first takes the cake!
[signature]
catching a 10" brown with a 4" brook hanging out of its mouth. and trying to figure out why it would hit a #9 panther martin.
[signature]
Catching a 22 inch cutthroat at Bear Lake that had an 8 inch white fish hanging out of its mouth. Accidently snagging a pair of forceps that I had dropped down my ice hole in Electric Lake in 45 feet of water -- or, catching a seagull on a Rapala at Willard.
[signature]
I would have to say catching one of those great trash birds, yes birds, at rock port in mid flight, or the frog out at stansbury on a fly. :} (back before they would kick me off for fishing it)
[signature]
My catch is not all that weird, but I caught a large channel cat out of Echo on raindow power bait.I have also caught a nice smallie at Echo on green power bait.The weirdest thing I have seen caught was a boat was trolling down by the damn at Pineview and they hooked a real nice trolling pole.My son also caught a sea gull at Willard with a shiny top water lure.
[signature]
[cool]That fish gets bigger every year. But it sure shut up your brother, after he laughed at you for not changing the chartreuse crappie jig you had been using at Willard the week before. Since he caught nothing on his fancy trout gear, he was kinda quiet on the way home.

I have had many "doubles"...two fish on one lure, as well as two fish on a tandem rig. No biggie. However, I once caught over fifty white bass on one cast.

Yep, wading and casting near the "bubble up"...in the olden days when there was a warm water inflow from Geneva...I hooked the end of a rope stringer that had come loose from somebody else wading in the same area. It was absolutely jammed with small white bass...from about 7 to nine inches. I had probably caught over a hundred myself...keeping only a few for the table. On my way back in, one of my last casts hooked the stringer with all the other fishies on it. I made a couple of kids fishing from the bank very happy when I donated it to them. I'll bet they had a GREAT fish story for the folks later on.
[signature]
[cool] nothing like pickup someone elses gear. I used to fish Willard alot.. We were rigged ultra light for crappie and end up catching 20lb carp. Can't remember if any of the carp were actually caught in the mouth. oops!!!
[signature]
It was actually a friends catch, but I witnessed it. We were fishing for channel cats from the bank in the back of Halls at Powell. We ran out of anchovies and he put on a piece of rotten smoked ham from our garbage. It was on a slip sinker and bait hook rig soaking on the bottom. He landed a beautiful largemouth pushing five pounds, no kidding. I was amazed and told him he couldn't do that again in a thousand years. He then proceeded to land a two pounder right after. Strangest catch I have ever seen.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
hmmm lets see my first rat fish at catalina island was weird i also caught a cell phone once

chris
[signature]
[cool] Sounds like some good experiences. Keep them coming. They are really entertaining.
[signature]
I caught a draggonfly on a #16 black ant patturn in the Uinta's. He flew over and smacked my fly, got him right in the upper lip.
[signature]
[Tongue] nice catch. Was he of legal keeper size?? haa haa.
[signature]
I would have to say one of my top wierd catches was when I hauled in 2 fish on one hook. I snagged a swivel that had a dual hook set up, and on each hook was a nice plump little rainbow. Both were still alive, and they looked healthy, so I don't think they were on there very long.
[signature]
[cool] boy that's a quicker meal than Mickey dees could ever serve up. Nice weird catch.
[signature]
[cool]Reminds me. I got a small bat on the backcast during a late evening hatch. Didn't catch him in the mouth, though, so I released him unharmed.

Actually, he kept trying to bite me, and since I have a low threshold of tolerance for rabies shots, I cut the leader and let him fly away with the little fly in his wing. I have often wondered what kind of batty fishing story he came up with for the bats back in the cave.
[signature]
my weirdest catch was one day snagging carp. hooked into one and my line broke from the big brute taking my treble hook. about fifteen minutes later casting out in a different spot about 50 feet right of where i snagged the carp i snag another one. again my line gives, im thinking i broke off again. low and behold i reel in the same treble hook snagged right through the tie off hole. amazing? i sat for about 30 minutes pondering the odds of that. haha
[signature]
I think my wife beats all of you.

She caught me, right square on the nose, sunk the #10 hook past the barb on the end of my nose the real fleshy part. Hooked a 200 pounder, but I wouldn't let her throw me back. I cut the line and had aabout 6-8 inches pointing straight out from the end of my nose, I didn't think it was funny but my boy and her couldn't look at me without falling apart.

Since it was sunk so far past the barb and I wasn't about to push it all the way through, I just plucked it out and it bled like a stuck pig....needless to say I was not a happy camper.
[signature]
I don't know if this is considered a catch or not. I was once ice fishing at Porcupine. In about 4-5 feet of water where I could see my flasher spoon as well as my jig below when suddenly a huge shadow came by and my reels drag was just screaming. I pulled in checked the hardware and kicked myself for not having a hook on the big spoon. Then suddenly a 22" rainbow flew about 3 feet in the air right next to me. I am not sure what was down there or what the rainbow was thinking jumping up through an 8" icehole but that was one wierd experience I will never forget.
[signature]