Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best fishing day ever for me at BL
Saturday the 6th was the best day ever for me at BL. I caught 2 Macs between 10-12 lbs., 2 between 6-8lbs, and 3 between 4-6. The only thing that would have made it better is if I had someone to take a few pics for me. I fished Cisco Beach and trolled between 55-65 feet. Most were caught on my favorite lure "The Bomber" and the last big one on a rainbow colored flatfish I have been toting around for 10 years and have never used. Guess I'll keep it.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Sounds like the fishing is picking up at the Bear! Great to hear that a few of our crew are picking up a few fish. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Welcome to the board, IdahoNative. Do you live in Utah now or Idaho?[/size][/font]
[signature]
Sounds like you had one fine day on BL. I gather that you were trolling in 55-65 feet of water -- how far down was the downrigger?
[signature]
Great report. Sounds like you had a good day of fishing. Welcome to the board I am looking forward to more posts.
[signature]
Nice report. We are heading up there soon and hope to have a bit of luck ourselves. I have a nice camera if you need a photographer if you'll show me how to catch that kind of fish.
[signature]
I'm thinking about heading over this weekend and try some fishing on the east side. Did you happen to notice how fast you were trolling? What does "The Bomber" look like?
The "idaho native"is a good freind of mine and I have fished with him several times .I was with him on Sunday and we didnt do quite as good as he did Sat.I will have to let him decide if he wants to let you know what the "bomber"looks like[shocked](its a secret)[shocked]!!Trolling speed was slow,less than 1 mph ,rigger balls set at 50-55'just bangin the bottom!!BLM ,he lives just down the street from you!!"BIG FISH RULE"M.H.
[signature]
I am originally from Montpelier but live in Hyrum now. Hope to have alot of good news for the up coming months
[signature]
I set mine at 55 feet. But I only have a 4lb. ball so it is behind some. Usually try to set the line out about 100 feet and hook up. Bounced off the bottom around 54 feet.
[signature]
Thanks Ice. My son will join me soon enough
[signature]
If truth be told I am probably a better photographer. But there are a few times I need a co-pilot
[signature]
The lure is a Bomber Model "A". I have noticed it in most places. The color is the secret. It is being discontinued and is hard to find. Actually it is a popular lure in BL (Idaho) and used at Bear Lake.
[signature]
I may just give up the Rock pile now and just fish Cisco. After this past week end I am sold on Cisco. But I am sure we'll get around. See ya at work[crazy]
[signature]