Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just moved to Fresno, lets get this forum going!!!
Hey guys! I just moved from Southeastern Idaho. I'm looking for all the info I can muster about fishing in the central valley! I'd love to get this forum really active - these can be such a great aide. I know I loved the Idaho forum. Does anyone on here fish for carp?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][Image: happy.gif]Hi TheGrovBone and welcome to California. Wouldn't mind catching a carp on a fly, but so far no luck. Living in Fresno you have a lot of places for great fishing than we do here in SOCAL. Good luck in you new home.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Thanks! Carp on the fly is INCREDIBLE. I have been thinking lots about venturing down to socal for some mako fly fishing. Have you done it at all?
[signature]
You could try your luck with the thresher sharks swimming around Malibu and La Jolla. They will eat a fly, but you may leave frustrated if everything doesn't go right.

It may not be your style, but you could troll the fly for a better chance of finding the fish.

Something like this would work-
[Image: 00706a.jpg] FPF Green Mackerel[/url]
Single hook fly. Comparatively easy to cast.
Item Description Size Price [size 3][url "http://www.flyfishusa.com/flies/billfish-flies.htm#*"]To Top[/url][/size] 00706-8/0 FPF Green Mackerel 8/0 8" $17.85
From [url "http://www.flyfishusa.com/flies/billfish-flies.htm"]THIS[/url] website

Good luck. If you want to make it really fun, go out on a kayak.
[signature]
Welcome to Fresno. There are tons of places to fish around here. As for carp I do not fish for them (at least on purpose) but I see tons of them around when fishing for bass so it should not be to hard for you to find a honey hole or two.
There is one close spot in a small pond off the river near Woodward park that I see huge ones all the time.
I mainly fish for bass around here but I will go catfishing and chase some trout once in awhile. If you need some pointers for some locations let me know.

I am going to try my luck at the delta this weekend but for the most part I usually will not travel more than 40 min out of town and i usually fish from shore. I can help you with a lot of spots locally.
[signature]
Shark fishing is something I DEFINITELY want to do!!!
[signature]
WELCOME TGB!!!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
at the right time of year.. with a good guide.. you can hook into makos and blues.. both are a blast to hook on the fly...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]