Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Registration numbers on toons
This yr im putting reg. numbers on my toon.. Just not sure how to yet. I have an idea but tired of doing things twice.[pirate] I have uploaded a picture of my toon.. If you have any pics. you can show me on how you did yours.. It would greatly appreciated
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
[#000050]I had reverse decals made at Fast Signs and spray painted my numbers on with rubber paint. I put the decals on the oars. Some folks put everything on an acrylic panel and hang them on the side, but I like mine permanent.[/#000050]
[signature]
a piece of plexi glass
[signature]
I used a piece of plexi glass for both my toon and mamatrouts FC4.

[inline "DSCN0688 - 400.jpg"]
[inline "DSCN1398 - 400.jpg"]
[inline "FC4newmotormount - 400.jpg"]
[signature]
Thats another great idea.. But the info i have says.. The numbers need to be 3" tall and be legible from a distance of 150'.. You never been confronted on this ??
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
Thats a great ieda too.. Thanks
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
Well i just looked at the numbers the state gave me for the month.. They are not 3'' tall.. more like 2.5''..[crazy] So why do i need 3'' tall numbers.. HUM.. just wondering.. I know im just being a pain.. Sorry & Thanks
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
Again, I have been doing this awhile. If it has a motor IT IS A BOAT and required to have the same size and display them the same as a Fiberglass or metal boat.
You see people also put there stickers all over their license plates on their cars.
This isn't rocket science people.....it is a boat and YES they can and will ticket you if they feel like it, so why give them the option.
On the oars????? Not getting that one, I have also seen them wrapped on the frame, not getting that one either. It is in black and white.

http://static.stateparks.utah.gov/docs/B...lights.pdf
[signature]
the only time i have ever been confronted about this was when the ranger told me he was glad to see i had my other toon registered correctly, thats all he said
[signature]
I have used the corrogated plastic board used for political signs to post the registration which fastens to the side with a couple of clips. It's free after elections, lightweight, waterproof, floats if the 2 edges are sealed and can be folded to smaller size for transport.

Pon
[signature]
[quote SportfishinSteve][#000050]I had reverse decals made at Fast Signs and spray painted my numbers on with rubber paint. I put the decals on the oars. Some folks put everything on an acrylic panel and hang them on the side, but I like mine permanent.[/#000050][/quote]

I kind of feel like we launched the idea of Plexi-Glass. The problem I see with painting the numbers on the pontoon is selling it, but I do try to up grade every 8 to 10 years ....LOL
[signature]
I thought about plexi glass but it was EXPENSIVE. I used corrugated plastic from either lowes or home depot. It was cheep and worked good. I put grommets in it and used clips to attach it to the boat. Ron

[Image: Ronstoon1.jpg]
[signature]