Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great news about Willard!!!!!!!!
I called up the North Marina office today and they told me that it looks like the permits will be approved and that they will start dredging the North marina channel before the end of the month. We could be fishing Willard with our bigger boats by the first of Oct.

Also I talked to them about using the new road they cut through the rocks in the S/W corner, they said that might happen also. They are having a big meeting about it this week and should have an answer by Monday. It looks like it would be a good place to launch boats and it goes into deeper water.

Happy days are here again, I hope, lets keep out fingers crossed. WH2
[signature]
might be able to launch a boat but doesnt mean the fish will do well or even be around next year as low as it is. something to think about.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]That means hook'em and cook'em then![Tongue][/size][/font]
[signature]
hehe i am seeing this echo throughout the boards wherever i post. is this a hint to hook them and cook them?

hey blm interested in a mack fishing trip again? really want to try my new rod on them fellas.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Saturday I'm planning on going. PM me if you're interested.[/size][/font]
[signature]
WH2, you are right my friend, that is AWESOME news!!!!! I havent had my boat out since mid july. I hope they can get it done quick before the colder weather hits[Smile]
[signature]
I realize that my friend but it will still be nice to get out there and at least try to catch some of those bad boys. Now that the water is going back into the Bay I've got to hope the fish will survive and things will get bad to normal, if that is possible. WH2
[signature]
Well, The the dam is locked up tight again and there is no water flowing into Willard, Kids had fun picking up sea shells though. The are dredging the channel again, making it wider and deeper. I mean the the whole channel from the bay to the pump house passing right by the marina. I talked to the person working the gate at the north marina and she said they should start dredging soon. But I saw no equipment there to do so, so I guess my definition of "soon" and theirs, differs.
[signature]
That's a bummer but the watering season is almost over, so I don't think it will be long before all the water will be going into Willard but it can't be soon enough. WH2
[signature]
Well that is bad news, hey guest, do you have any idea how long it takes to fell those tanks? Have you ever thought about becoming a member and joining our happy group here at BFT? We always like meeting new people here and the more people that can give us info on one of our favorite lakes the better, Thanks. WH2
[signature]
Well, go ahead and register then! We welcome everyone! I'm not that good either when it comes to skill. When it comes to luck I do okay sometimes. We're all just regular guys that love the sport, and there are those of us that are experts (NOT ME) and others who are beginners.
[signature]
I drove by willard on Sunday coming back from Logan, I had a long moment of silence as we past the lake!!!! I cannot believe how low that is!!!! It almost seems that Weber County wants is drained????? If it was up to them, they would have every man women and child in Weber County grab a 5 gallon bucket and take water to add to their cause!!![unsure]
[signature]
So how close is it to becoming a dust bowl?
[signature]
Yea, it don't look good but there is 13 ft of water in the deepest area and

most of the lake on the north side is 8 to 10 feet deep, lets keep our fingers

crossed, but just in case have your bucket ready. WH2
[signature]
[#ff0000]I'm not real good at fishing or marriage but I sure enjoy both of them! Good info here to help on the fishing part, if nothing else, practice, practice, practice.... Jump on in there and register! [/#ff0000]
[signature]
I just afraid if they do open that up you'll be forced to pay no matter what. Not so good for poor college students like myself

Trent
[signature]
To post a pic, at the bottom of the window where you type in your post, there is a box that says

Attachment: __________________Browse... Upload Attachment

Click on Browse and then browse to your pic. Once it's attached, click upload attachment. Then you can post your message, with the pic attached to it.
[signature]
I think you have to register to post a picture, now you have a good reason to join in the fun. WH2
[signature]