Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 4/28
Hit pineview last night to try for some Tigers before the cold front hit. The water lever was alot lower than I had expected. We fished for about 2 hours with no luck and then just before the front showed up I had a hit and whammo fish on... but it wasnt fighting like a tiger .. it was a fat healthy Large mouth. I was so shocked, I knew there were bass but this was a big bass. Let her go unharmed to get ready for the spawn. Ended up catching one more smaller bass and that was it.. No Tigers this time, but I will be back and learn how to fish this awesome fishery
[signature]
Nice! I've caught a lot of largies out of there, but they were all under 7" up in the weeds with the crappies.

What did she hit?
[signature]
She it a 3" perch Rapala in about 3-4' of water
[signature]
Thats what makes Pineview such an awesome bass fishing res... Soo many people forget there are huge fish in it.
Good Luck for the tigers I was blessed with a 48" incher about 40 pounds three years ago on mothers day.
[signature]
what's the best lure for tiger? I never had one....
[signature]
I have only fished for tigers up at newton and caught 4.. they were all caught on different things. Swim bait, double jointed rapala, some saltwater spoon and jig. From what i understand they are after anything that gets in front of their faces.
[signature]

try firetiger j-13 and j-11 rapala.
[signature]
Congratulations!! Pretty fish!
[signature]
Nice fish! Thanks for sharing. Just curious were you fishing from shore?
[signature]
Yes i was walking the shore line. I need to get out there in the pontoon soon though..
[signature]
Wow nice bass[cool] thanks for sharing with us that sure makes me want to get out even sooner for some bassin
[signature]
Tiger Musky will hit just about anything....if you are going to hunt the tigers, below is a list of some basic equipment and releasing activities that will help in the survival rate of caught fish.

Basic EquipmentMuskie tackle often consists of a heavy-action casting rod and a bait-casting reel loaded with 50- to 80-pound test braided line. Always use a steel leader to prevent muskie from cutting the line with their razor-sharp teeth. A large pair of long-nose pliers and strong, sharp hook cutters will help unhook the muskie quickly. A LARGE landing net is important when landing muskie. Polarized sunglasses are recommended to improve your chances of spotting a following muskie.

[indent]Tips on Releasing muskie[/indent]
[ol][li]Only play the fish long enough to easily land. Playing a muskie to complete exhaustion can make it difficult to revive. [li]Whenever possible, release the fish while it is still in the water. If you use a large landing net, once netted, leave the fish in the water while still in the net so it can continue to breath. Beware, the muskie's sharp teeth and it's powerful body can thrash without warning and cause damage to you or the fish. Use long pliers to remove the hooks, cutting the hooks which can not be removed easily. Barbless hooks make hook removal much easier. [li]Do not keep the muskie out of the water for a lengthy picture-taking session. A ruler taped to the outside of the boat will allow for rapid measurement and release. Weights can be derived from length-weight charts. You can estimate the weight of your muskie using the following formula (length x girth x girth/800=estimated weight). Length and weight are measured in inches and girth is measured at the thickest part of the muskie. [li]Never hold the fish by the eye sockets or gills. [li]Hold the unhooked muskie horizontally while supporting the belly with one hand. This will prevent the muscles and vertebrae from being separated or broken. [li]To release the fish, hold the muskie in the water horizontally. When the muskie is revived, it will swim out of your hands. [/li][/ol]
[signature]