Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the boulders
Good day everyone.
Fly fishing junkie here, only problem is that I live in the desert here in Nevada. I make as many treks into Utah what must truly be the most awesome country that I have seen. Well The Golden Trout wilderness is pretty damm nice... Any way I am making a trip to the boulders in a June and was wondering if there is information anyone would be willing to enlighten me with. I have a topo map and the Utah guide to flyfishing book so I got a idea on the area. Not looking to hotspot or anything like that I just have a narrow opportunity to get out and do some camping and fishing. Thanks everyone. Cheers, The agent
[signature]
Here are a couple of general resources:

http://www.utahoutdoors.com/bouldermountain/

http://www.utah.com/playgrounds/boulder_mountain.htm
[signature]
Good resource thanks cpierce. Any idea if there will be snow up there still. This was quite a snow pack this year.
[signature]
[quote the_agent]Good resource thanks cpierce. Any idea if there will be snow up there still. This was quite a snow pack this year.[/quote]

I would expect some drifted snow in the shadows of the trees throughout June.
[signature]
thanks for the heads up PBH!. hopefully its not windy. snow and rain are fine the wind really bites.
Have you ever been up there?
[signature]
[quote the_agent]
Have you ever been up there?[/quote]

yes. i've made a trip or two to the Boulders...

"The Boulders" is a pretty good sized area. Have you narrowed down your decision on any particular part of the mountain that you're headed to? Narrow things down a bit, and you'll probably get some pretty good information.

Hey -- I'm headed to Nevada next week. Any good places to eat there?
[signature]
Sorry been totally busy with work. Are you still in Nevada? Have you made down to Vegas? I can give you some ideas on places to eat if your in Vegas. Let me know.
[signature]
[quote the_agent]Have you made down to Vegas? I can give you some ideas on places to eat if you're in Vegas. Let me know.[/quote]

See what I mean? If you could narrow your request down to a specific area of the Boulder, I could give you some ideas on fishing...
[signature]