Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trout Fishin
Went to Lake Rowena Saturday for 5 hrs on the boat and caught 2 sunfish,,lmao[:/]
[signature]
ha ha. I usually dont do to good there either. Once in a while itll be ok but dont really go anymore. At least u got out on the water i guess
[signature]
Yeah I normally dont go there alot either, once a yr. around the beginning of trout season, guess it made it a little better cause I didnt see anyone catch anything. but it was good to finally get out
[signature]
anyone fishing the streams near ligonier?
[signature]
No, Ive never fished out that way. All streams hold the same stuff; riffles, holes,banks, logs and of course snags ha ha. Brook trout usually hold in riffles and tight to rocks and structure and are the most predictable and easiest to catch. When most trout are feeding they will go to the tail end of a hole where the current flows through or the begining of it if they are greedy. Browns will usually go to holes or undercut banks for good cover and the big ones are easier fished at night with a night crawler. Rainbows like all the stuff in a stream just depends on their mood and spinners and minnows work best for those, I think. Palominos are like a whole different breed, alot of the time they will go for bright colored stuff like power bait or salmon eggs! I hope some of this helps you out and if it does make sure you post some pics[fishon]
[signature]
Thanks Swinger, and you are dead right about the snags! The palaminos get everything but the kitchen sink thrown at them, So they get shy pretty quick. I use almost entirely spinners and jigs.

you can see the spinners that i use below....

The site is suppose to have a trout jig coming out next.

Even if you just have time to fill out the contact page they always email specials and new products out.

[#ff0000][/#ff0000][#ff0000]Sorry no links to sites that contain other forums, and no links at all unless you have at least 15 posts. You can visit our FQA section to view forum rules.[/#ff0000]
[signature]
Check out my facebook page at reel fisherman and friend me if u can. There is a bunch of fishermen that check it out and would like your spinners too[fishon]
[signature]
Swinger, I will definately freind you, I am working on a facebook page today! I appreciate the help! I am heading to Keystone lake today after work today, so I will let you know how they are biting. Not sure if I will make it out Saturday or not yet.
[signature]
sweet!! let see some pics of the big ones! Ive never fished keystone before, does it produce big fish and how crowded does it get?
[signature]
They stock Keystone really well, so the quantity is there, unfortunately I havent seen many big ones come out of there. If we get any big ones, Ill post for sure! As far as the crowds, after the first weekend, they die down quick.
[signature]
Hey swinger, get any fishing in? We got a some more trout this weekend, but nothing of any size. DId you make it out? also, I made a facebook page for the website, but i have no idea how to try to find you yet, please go to the website and share or liek it!
Thanks buddy
[signature]
Yeah i made it out, caught a bunch on a threaded minny with a blade in front of it. First time tryin that. A guy I met last week hooked me up with the stuff and its crazy good. I hooked a 20 in bow and let my 5 yr old reel it in. He about crapped his pants. Ha ha! Didnt have a camera with me either but he tells everyone about it! Whats your facebook name and Ill friend you. All u do is type in a name in the search box and send a request. " Reel fisherman"
[signature]
Wow, thats a nice trout, especially for a 5 year old! I hacve used threaded minnies before but never with a blade in front of it. I will send you a freind request shortly, for my facebook, i was trying to do it from the sachsfishing website, but i guess thats just like a fanpage.
[signature]
I sent you a facebook request yesterday, my name is Matt. I am using a guy at works computer on this forum, so my freind request should be sent.

thanks!
[signature]
Got ur request. Ill have to look up the sachs fishing too. These last few nice days Ive spent at work putting on a roof and wishin I was crappie fishin cause I know that they are hittin hard right now. Maybe when I get home today I wont be so tired or buzy Ill be able to make it out. Ill post some pics if I get any 16 inchers. I used to catch them that big till wilmore dam got opened up like it is now but I bet there is still a few left
[signature]
Thanks buddy,
If you like catching big crappie, try Crosscreek lake. Have you ever heard of that one? There is actually a size limit on the bluegill and crappie!
[signature]
never heard of it. where is it at? I dont really try to many lakes that are a long way away unless we end up camping there. Lookin for new places to camp too, is there a campground there? Raystown is just getting old for me but wifes parents always go there. Id love to camp on a nice river where i can get my boat into. Any ideas?
[signature]
Crosscreek is near Washington PA, I do not think there is a campground there though. My couisn lives right next to it, Ive been there only a few times but have pulled out some really nice crappies. The Allegheny River is a good spot to camp and have a boat, right now near new ken they are supposively catching alot of walleyes.
[signature]
sweet!! Ill try to make it there sometime in the near future, just sux that the days im off work is because of the rain and then I got two kids with me all the time, but Ill get a chance soon. Thats the reason Im usually around close to home is the kids but Ill get a brake one of these days.
[signature]
Well, thats a good thing though, my dad always took me fishing too when i was little, and it really turned me on to fishing. Whenever you do get a chance though to head out there let me know, and i can get the local reports for you on how and what they are biting on.
[signature]