Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard with pic
Went to Willard this morning, Launched at the So. Marina around 7:30 am, New Boat, New Motor.Had a little bit of a rough start,backed the boat down the ramp, jumped in motor fired right up (cool) but wait , boat trailer not quite far enough down the ramp, jumped in the truck, backed down a little farther, hmmm [mad]my boats leaving with out me. I guess i'm a bit rusty on the boat launching procedure. Thanks for the gentlemen who retrieved my boat for me, probably would have been a cold swim in 49° water[Smile]. Water is a little stained, and i was not marking very many fish suspended, and i pretty much covered the whole lake, probably needs a few days to settle down. It was good to get out, and try out the new boat though, and for you none believers, i did post a picture of my catch today.

Note to self: remember to hook up your trailer lights before you leave the marina.
[signature]
Nice catch...My guess is maybe 12 ounces?

After my one crappie day I could go for a dozen of those!
[signature]
We probably left about the same time as you Tim, The only action we had was one slam on a crank bait that didn't hook up and the two on bottom bouncers that came unbuttoned. Getting off to a real slow start but so did the Pack this year and look how well the season turned out for them.[:p] Good luck to you and Steve on your trip down to Powell this week, thanks for the invite, maybe next year. [fishin]
[signature]
Runaway boats are always funny! [laugh]

I was bank fishing there all morning and duplicated your catch.[unimpressed]

Ran into fish1on. Seems cool.

I'll have the boat out next weekend and put the hurt on 'em, fo' sho!![cool]
[signature]
Good one - both the runaway, and that wicked catch! I didn't know they'd started crossing Wipers with Ghost Shrimp! Man - I'll bet they taste awesome - though not very filling...

add to your checklist:

1. make sure straps are release before backing in
2. make sure drain plug is in place (it's kinda misnamed, where it's ommision causes water to flow INTO the boat, not so much drain OUT)
(don't think my son will ever launch for us again. "Dad - there's water coming in, really fast!!!") [shocked]
You might want to watch swimming for your boat this time of year in that water temp. I lost a friend swimming for his boat in Deer Creek years ago, a very knowledgeable guy and a hell of a walleye fisherman. [:/]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]A lot of us fondly remember...and miss Greg.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The man did endure a lot in his too short life.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Cool?? Nope not me, just a humble crippled guy trying to catch a fish between cortisone shots in the back. But glad to have met ya and hope to see ya on the water again one day.

I'm more of a bear lake fisher but the trout are boring me lately and hope to hit the wipers more this year.

Actualy, I am ready to get back to the East coast and fish the salt water again.
[signature]