Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Striper North of Echo 5/1/11
Been following the forum for a few months now and finally have something worthwhile to post. Launched out of Echo Bay yesterday at 5am and headed north until the water got muddy. Nice to see that road north to Echo is completed, haven't been there since it was a dirt road. Wind was already blowing around 10mph in the morning. Found a nice cove with tons of underwater vegetation. Very fist cast nailed a little one pounder, a good sign. Was casting spinnerbait from 5ft to 15ft of water. Wind really picked up around 11am and head to head back to Echo. Got 9 little stripers, biggest about three pounds. Fished in Echo Bay for couple of hours and picked up two more stripers about a pound each. My first double digit striper day this year. Nice. Hopefully the wind is calm this upcoming weekend so I can head back out there.
[signature]
[cool] oh boy let the arguing begin... whizzle hope u get on here soon to lock this forum or delete that last post. i just have to say not everybody has a camera. no reason to put the guy on blast like that. [fishin] fish on!! fish stories are a big part of fishing, let him have his day and don't hate....
[signature]
[quote bspatrol]RE: something worthwhile to post

Its only worthwhile if you post pictures [Wink] anybody could come on here and brag about how many fish they caught.

This message was posted on behalf of all NV board members who get tired of reading crap.

Sincerely yours,

BSpatrol[/quote]

Wow - first post, and what a positive contribution. And for one newbie to reach out and blast another newbie? Now that's the way to build some positive vibrations.

Um - have you ever heard of Photoshop? Goes to prove that - a photo don't mean squat either.

It's like the old saying 'better to hold your Tongue and let them think you're a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.'

Sounds like a lot of fun to me. May not be the monster stripers I hear about, but I'll bet even a 2lber wacks your line pretty hard!!
Thanks for the post. And please - feel free to post more in the future, pix or no!
[quote CoyoteSpinner]

Um - have you ever heard of Photoshop? Goes to prove that - a photo don't mean squat either.

[/quote]

shoot u dont even need photoshop, a quick internet search for lake mead striper found hundereds of pictures that anyone can use for thier own fishing report like this one..
[Image: 78389d1193077229-lake-mead-striper-repor...riper3.jpg]
[signature]
[quote bspatrol]RE: something worthwhile to post

Its only worthwhile if you post pictures [Wink] anybody could come on here and brag about how many fish they caught.

This message was posted on behalf of all NV board members who get tired of reading crap.

Sincerely yours,

BSpatrol[/quote]

Damn, what an a-hole. Whats your real chat handle BSpatrol. If your going to post some crap like that, at least have the balls to use your real chat handle on the forum. You are the one typing in the BS, get out of here with that crap. I dont take kindly to a P.O.S. like yourself.
[signature]
Thanks to all for backing me up on that. I just didn't see the need to take a picture of a 2lb striper. If you check my profile I got pictures a few nice stripers which include a 22 pounder out of willow, a 16lb and 12lb at boulder basin. Just been skunked last two weekends out at govt wash and when Whizzle posted that they killed stripers north of echo I thought I would try my luck there. And boy was he right, just wish the wind wasn't as bad as it was could of pulled in over 20.
[signature]
[quote bspatrol]This message was posted on behalf of all NV board members who get tired of reading crap[/quote]

Wow really ? I personally appreciate all the reports that are posted with or without pics. If you dont like it dont read it.
[signature]
Great information about location, was it the east side or westside of lake where at in location to Sterwart's Point. Planning on going back out that way in 2 weeks. My gf has yet to see a striper boil (sometimes it feels like they would hit an aluminum can with a hook on it at times) plus I have heard that there is some good smallie fishing up there.
[signature]
It was the west side of the lake. I did not see any striper boils yet, still too early for that but did see a lot of smallies and carp jumping out of the water. The fish finder was going nuts with large fish below the boat but I am guessing those were mainly carp.
[signature]
Seems every time I go on vacation....[unimpressed]
[signature]
[quote TheWhizzle]Seems every time I go on vacation....[unimpressed][/quote]

lol! i know right? so how was your trip?[cool]
[signature]
[bobsurprised][quote 4poundonly][quote bspatrol]This message was posted on behalf of all NV board members who get tired of reading crap[/quote]

Wow really ? I personally appreciate all the reports that are posted with or without pics. If you dont like it dont read it.[/quote]

TWOFACE
[signature]